About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers. Essential Job Functions
The role of the IT Product Manager I, Risk Management will work hand in hand with the Senior IT Product Manager II to build relationships with the Risk Management department, including mid - senior level management, general business users, legal staff and finance users to elicit, document and translate specifications on applications for the department, Firm and the Firm's clients. This individual will translate the specifications into functional and technical requirements, utilizing the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies, working between the Custom Development and Packaged Solutions teams. This position will allow a person to further hone and maintain technology skills operating first and foremost as a business/practice IT driver in the Risk and Finance spaces. Thus the applicant should have strong communication skills, verbal and written, be an active listener, documentation skills and have experience in working with developers, architects and external vendors. The IT Product Manager must have a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years' experience applying business systems analysis and business process management principles at different levels of an organization within an iterative and phased approach driven information technology environment.
The Risk area has a large portfolio of applications containing both custom development and Third Party vendors. The IT Product Manager I is to work hand in hand with the Sr. Product Manager II to ensure application support, documentation and project deadlines are met for the Risk applications. This position is newly created to ensure the portfolio has the support needed. Essential Functions:
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Effective at working with multiple clients on multiple projects simultaneously while providing "white glove" customer service.
- Flexible yet structured enough to effectively adjust as needed when/as business requirements and/or priorities change.
- Works closely with Senior Product Manager II, project sponsor, stakeholders and SMEs (subject matter experts) to identify business needs and processes through creation of use cases and wireframes, as warranted. Documenting workflows and business process current and future. Always working to understand, simplify and improve the user experience in meeting business objectives in all endeavors.
- Risk Management Requirements Process: Gathering requirements, confirming and getting sign off on requirements, entering the requirements (user stories) into JIRA, Service/Change Management Application and or Microsoft Visual Studio/TFS when applicable. Creating and executing test scripts, evaluate test results and identify and tracks issues using Firm-approved tools, while working with respective team(s) to escalate for resolution. Working and coordinating with the business owners to ensure the UAT environment meets expectations.
- Adheres to Firm IT Product Manager life cycle and associated artifacts to help ensure that project efforts are focused on the proper solution and level of functionality.
- Escalates issues to management as necessary when client expectations and functionality do not match and cannot be reconciled without additional time or cost or resources.
- May apply project management methodology on small/mid-sized efforts independent of an assigned PM.
- Document medium to large scale projects, including use cases, user stories, business and functional requirements, current and future state processes and workflow diagrams.
- Solicits input from internal and external sources, including the ability to investigate and utilize best practices from previous experience and sound judgement.
- Highly organized with structured use of systems and data. Individual should be able to maintain and easily access supporting notes and content to help ensure the right things are done at the right time in the right way.
- Has a "whatever it takes" approach to support the goals of the team, and practices of the Firm and is a team player.
- Understands multiple projects in order to integrate them into business solutions.
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary. Delete if not applicable.)
Qualifications & Requirements Required:
- Any other functions/duties as assigned by management.
- 3 years with a background in business analysis, product management and process design.
- Bachelor degree.
- Experience with workflow and project management software.
- Legal or Financial knowledge and understanding is a plus.
Preferred Technologies: Work Environment:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Visual Studio/TFS
- Service/Change Management Software
How to Apply
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now." Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee's race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Closing Statement
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.