Job ID: 2111264 Location:
OAK RIDGE , TN , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
The SAIC Managed Services Multi-Client Service Desk, located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, currently has an opening for the position of IT Service Desk Technical Support Specialist II
(Service Desk Agent). JOB DESCRIPTION
The SAIC Managed Services Multi-Client Service Desk, located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, currently has an opening for the position of IT Service Desk Technical Support Specialist I
(Service Desk Agent). Our Service Desk is the single point of contact for all Information Technology issues and requests from Managed Services employees and contractors, supporting corporate users at every skill level and background via telephone, email, and direct ticket submission. In addition, we provide off hour's coverage in support of multiple Managed Services customers, ensuring 24 by 7 support is available .
Candidates must be flexible to work any 10-hour shift within our hours of operation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year, with emphasis on overnights, weekends, and holidays. This position typically works a four-day, 40-hour work week. We are seeking candidates who live in or around the Oak Ridge area in East Tennessee to work in our office but REMOTE
capability is also required, to assure coverage in cases of inclement weather. Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
: AA Degree in related discipline and one year related experience; Or, High School and two (2) years of related experience. QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 1 year of technical support experience in a call center environment
- Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience with ability to think and troubleshoot logically and act decisively in critical situations
- Proven experience providing effective and professional communication, addressing moderately complex technical issues, ideas, and results via telephone, email, and chat
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service and ability to collaborate effectively and get along with teammates
- Proficiency using and supporting common corporate applications, browsers, networks, VPN/remote access, and antivirus software
- Interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communications, including ability to document work performed clearly and accurately in electronic ticketing system
- Solid understanding of IT concepts/practices and comprehensive knowledge of personal computers
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office (2007 and later) and Windows 10 OS in an enterprise environment
- Experience with account administration and password resets in a Microsoft Active Directory environment
- Ability to handle majority of requests without additional assistance, following established procedures and using available knowledge base and support tools provided to follow issues through to a proper resolution
- Microsoft Active Directory and DFS experience, Powershell
- Microsoft Exchange Server-based email using Outlook, Office 365 administration
- Technical certifications such as A+, N+, MCP, MCSE, CCNA
- Technical writing
- Knowledge of help desk software and tools
- Mobile device support
- Web-based application support and development.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.