Summary: The IT Service Desk is the first point of contact for coworkers experiencing IT issues. The Technician assists internal employees in resolving and/or troubleshooting IT problems over the phone or via e-mail. For complex issues, this role identifies the appropriate IT group to provide specific resolution support and escalates the case, as necessary. This is a 100% phone support role.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A+ certified preferred.
- 1 year of Service Desk/Help Desk or related technical experience.
- 2 years of IT Help Desk or related technical enterprise experience preferred.
- HDI Certification a plus.
Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of PC hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and software products (Windows 10 and Office 365 required)
- Working knowledge of Mac OS and hardware.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours when necessary for special installations, implementations, and upgrades.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software products.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Typing speed of 60wpm.
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow preferred.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides first point of service technical IT support to the entire workforce.
- Resolve system issues including coordination between users and other IT personnel.
- Escalate complex issues to senior level support specialists.
- Maintain passwords, data integrity, and system security for the desktop environment.
- Simulate or recreate user issues to better understand and resolve reported problems.
- Evaluate system configurations and software to ensure effective use of hardware resources.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize outstanding issues.
- Identify the nature of the issue and appropriate escalation team(s).
- Follow established procedures on daily work, occasionally utilizing best judgment when applicable.