GovCIO is a team of transformers-people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation governmental operations that improve the citizen experience every day.
But we can't do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the face of I.T. - from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
Provides technical support for end-users in a variety of areas including desktop support, asset inventory, AV & VTC troubleshooting, and network/systems administration. DESCRIPTION. Consults with support teams, help desks, customers and other technical staff in the resolution of problems, coordinates and performs operation and/or maintenance activities for networks/servers, identifies recurring problems and recommends steps to reduce the severity or frequency of problems. Installs, troubleshoots and maintains an extensive variety of products and equipment. Deliver services and solutions in technical support, systems refresh, software integration, and operations support. Identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed. Recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs. May provide onsite training of customer support personnel.
- Provides on-call support by identifying, researching and resolving technical problems received via telephone calls, emails, and/or personnel requests.
- Interacts with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Performs routine system maintenance and analysis functions, including hardware configurations and adding, removing and replacing equipment components.
- Installs operating system patches, upgrades, restores, back-ups, etc.
- May be trained to perform Critical Incident Response, Account Management or Problem Management duties.
Program Specific Responsibilities
Deskside Support which includes:
- Provide on-site support for deployment and security remediation functions
- Gather analyze, and report end-user support trends
- Provide desktop, application and network application incident resolution
- Manage user installation and relocations requests
- Asset Inventory Support
- Assist with physical inventory as needed.
- Assist in receiving and receipting property
- Transfer of property to other organizations
- Process computer equipment for excess and disposition
- Disposal Preparation Support
- Ensure disposal policies and procedures are employed
- Ensure every device is wiped/degaussed prior to site removal
- Encryption Services
- Ensure laptops are properly encrypted
- Encrypt laptops discovered without encryption
- Provide password recovery for encrypted device
- Video Conferencing and Audio/Video O&M
- Troubleshoot system problems and repairs
- Work with support staff for remote troubleshooting and repairs
- Assist in setting up presentation devices and Video Conference units
- Set up, ensure functionality, be available during events and shut down video conferences
- Local On-Site Cabling
- Ensure IT services are rendered/tested for telework users using VPN and CITRIX services
- Provide remote support services for telework/home users
- Support pre/post application releases
- Network support
- In conjunction with network operations, restart network equipment including switches and routers
- Replace defective network equipment, including switches and routers
- Wireless Services
- Assist users with mobile communication devices (mobile phones, iPads,and laptops) with incident support tickets
- Provide Tier 2 support in the field which includes hardware troubleshooting and OS re-install, and equipment swapping support
- Account Management Services
- Hardware Incident Resolution
- Identify and resolve hardware issues, including replacement of worn or broken parts.
- Other duties as assigned
High School with 2-5 years (or commensurate experience)
Other required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- US Citizen
- High degree of technical proficiency
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 6 months' experience troubleshooting Apple Macintosh software and hardware in a customer service role
- Certification in UNIX and Microsoft Operating Systems
- Familiarity with SCCM remote resolution and with using SCCM to remotely complete software installation
- Comptia Networking+
- Comptia A+
#zrCOVID/Equal Opportunity Employer COVID Policy:
New employees will be required to adhere to the Company's and its clients' COVID-19 safety procedures. In the event that the COVID-19 vaccination mandate for Federal Contractors is enforced, you must become fully vaccinated or request and be approved for an exemption. Employees working onsite at a client location must comply with our client's COVID-19 requirements.
GovCIO is a team of professionals who want to make a difference. And that can only happen with a diverse, happy, and cared-for team. So, we prioritize your well-being, equity for all and look for ways to make work a better place for each of us every day. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability status.