This position will have a primary emphasis on creation and editing of software-related documentation for internal audiences, with a secondary requirement for network diagramming.
* Work with internal individuals and teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
* Plan, develop, organize, write and edit documents appropriate for its intended audience, including:
o Standard Operating Procedures
o System Design Documents
o Software Technical Specifications
o Functional Specifications
o Software Release Notes
* Create clear and concise use case diagrams and functional flow charts
* Analyze existing content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
* Create and update technical drawings and technical illustrations using Visio, including:
o L1-L2-L3 network diagrams
o Activity/network node diagrams
o Rack Diagrams, Rack Assemblies and Cabling Diagrams
* Strong subject matter expert interview skills
* Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
* Ability to assemble meaningful information from disparate sources.
* Ability to deliver high quality documentation with a strong attention to detail
* Ability to quickly grasp complex technical and programming concepts and make them easily understandable using text and diagrams
* Excellent written and verbal skills in English
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a proficiency in Word, Visio; PowerPoint proficiency a plus
* Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
* Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking; self-starter, self-motivator, resourceful
* Bachelor's degree in a communication or technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
* Candidates MUST have previous experience working with one or more of the following: Software Architects, Software Engineers, Software Developers, Network Engineers
* Candidates MUST provide hard-copy or electronic examples of their work as it relates to the above requirements, especially.
Previous experience within the aerospace industry (civil or military aviation) (does not need to be in a technical writing capacity) is a plus.
Previous Project Management training or experience is a plus.
Previous hands-on experience with application or web development is a plus
Previous group training experience is a plus About TEKsystems:We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.