This role will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the design, documentation and review of technology solutions that meet the business and IT needs of the organization. This individual will also be responsible for providing technical leadership for projects and will be accountable for the end-to-end solution delivery. Additionally, this individual will be the focal and escalation point for all technical and technical delivery issues on the effort. This individual will be assigned to projects across multiple lines of business to provide leadership and be the primary accountable person for the design and delivery of the solution for the business initiative.
This role drives the collaboration with all technology stakeholders including ITS teams, technology partners and vendors to ensure that the technical participants are effectively communicating and aligned on technical deliverables. This role does not have direct reports, but does lead cross-functional technical resources to deliver on desired outcomes.
- Responsible for the architectural design and compliance of solutions
- Leverage the current technology portfolio, enterprise architectural standards and established patterns to create solution designs that deliver the required business capabilities.
- Collaborate with other architects, developers and engineers to create synergies and drive technology reuse within and across projects.
- Approval of detailed technical designs and vendor technical designs to
○ Ensure the adherence to enterprise standards
○ Reduce complexity
○ Increase reusability
- Drives down costs and complexity by using enterprise standards
- Designs solutions that meet the best interest of multiple stakeholders including those of the project and enterprise level
- Designs solutions that leverage enterprise tools and have reusable components and services
- Works with business users to reduce technical complexity introduced by business requirements
- Ensures designs meet business requirements
- Provide recommendations that yield efficiencies in technology support costs annd improve performance while meeting customer requirements.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced associates.
- Translate highly technical problems in a manner that can be understood in business terms to a variety of audiences including project managers and business executives.
- Present recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and is able to focus on key points to portray the intended message or purpose.
- Driving desired outcomes and decisions through trust and influence.
Technology Leadership Responsibilities:
- Needed for both Application Delivery and Application Management
- Needs to be level 8 to have proper authority to drive efforts
- Needs to be able to handle multiple initiatives or program level initiatives
- Acts as the lead Technology Services representative in the delivery of technology solutions
- Provides overall technical leadership and directs teams in the delivery of technology solutions.
- Collaborates with Project Managers, Portfolio Managers and technical stakeholders to deliver on the following responsibilities for end-to-end technical delivery:
○ Ensures the realization of the solution architecture, making sure it is operable & cost-effective
○ Leads and drives progress on all technical delivery aspects
○ Helps identify all required roles and technology resources
○ Ensures the assembly of the required technical teams
○ Leads identification of technical tasks and milestones
○ Ensures technical requirements are delivered with quality and completeness
○ Drives creation of financial estimates for all phases including TCO
○ Partners with PM to ensures a successful release to production including transition activities
- Assesses risks, anticipates bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and collaborates to drive toward mutually beneficial outcomes
- Drives to effectively resolve and provide awareness for technical issues and risks
- Manages the partner relationship to ensure delivery of technical work done by 3rd party partners or vendors.
- Provides feedback on performance of internal technical team members to their leaders
Desired Tool Stack:
- .Net, C#, PHP, Python, Java, Node.js, jQuery
- HTTP, TCP/IP, SFTP, SSH, FTP, SMTP
- RabbitMQ, Biztalk, Mulesoft, DataPower
- SOAP / REST, XML, JSON, EDI
- SQL Server 2005+, MySQL 4+, Oracle, Teradata
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure
Version Control Repositories