Description Job Description:Jr. IT Specialist
We have been awarded the Navy Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) program, formerly referred to as NGEN, and we are seeking a talented Jr. IT Specialist to join the Leidos team.
This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps. If you join our team, you will be part of the largest IT services program in Naval history.
As a member of the Leidos team, you will assist in the delivery of the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
What will you do as a Jr. IT Specialist?
The qualified candidate will install, configure, service, repair, and maintain Information Technology (IT) systems in both a stand-alone and client-server environment, including Microsoft (MS) server, Defense Message Systems (DMS), and other authorized IT systems as well as hardware and software for network services, storage networking devices, and servers. Integrate multiple Information Systems (IS) in a networked environment. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and resolve customer IS problems.
- Effect required hardware upgrades and repair to maintain mission capability.
- Install and configure wireless hubs, routers, switches, and various transmission media, server hardware and software, and ensure the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software for efficient operation on the network.
- Install, optimize, and troubleshoot Local Area Network (LAN) and Base Area Networks (BAN). Experience with Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and Network Address Translation (NAT).
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and 2 years of relevant experience
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level I
- Must possess one of the following certifications:
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+
- CompTIA Network+
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification.