The IT Specialist will be a multi-faceted role that will encompass several IT disciplines to support the Server Infrastructure & Storage team.
The Specialist will work with the Server Team to verify configuration baselines and assist with server and storage deployments, Backups, and lifecycles. The Specialist will receive direction on baseline standards, implementation, and documentation as part of the overall Configuration Management process. Once received, the Specialist will then follow the direction of the Infrastructure Engineering Team to execute baseline Configuration Management (CM) reviews. Upon completion of the CM reviews, the Specialist will receive direction on updating systems to the defined CM baseline. The specialist will be expected to work with the Network Monitoring team to ensure that logging for deployed devices and servers are being received and assist in working any issues through to the end. Mentoring will be provided to ensure that the Specialist has all the training and guidance necessary to be able to accomplish assigned tasks.
As a part of Tyler's corporate staff, you will make an impact on outcomes that affect various areas of the company. Your work will ultimately support our team members, clients, stakeholders, and the public sector.Location
- Will take direction from the Server team manager and execute tasking with some direction.
- Taking the initiative to learn and a willingness to stick with a problem through to resolution
- Must have a flexible mindset and the ability to work with multiple different types of devices is required, as the position will have the candidate working with RHEL one day, deploying servers the next, and then conducting windows patching the next.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
- Experience with Unix/Linux shell or PowerShell scripting
- Experience with VMWare/VMC
- Experience with Dell and HP server platforms
- Experience with VEEAM or similar backup products
- Basic understanding of network, storage, and server technologies
- Basic understanding of technical writing and documentation
- Basic understanding of Information Security
- Basic understanding of server operating systems
- Basic understanding of troubleshooting techniques
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server, and Desktop
- Familiarity with RedHat, CentOS Linux, or any UNIX experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Solid interpersonal communication skills
- Preferred (but not required) certifications: CompTIA Security+; Microsoft MTA Certifications; Amazon Web Services (AWS); experience with security vulnerability assessments and remediation; Citrix
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people .
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.