Meridian Technology Group is seeking an IT Supervisor of Applications.
The IT Supervisor of Application Development is an important role leading and driving transformative efforts that touch the lives of our residence. In this role the candidate will be a part of a central organization that serves the Information Technology (IT) needs of almost 1,800 employees and over 600 IT Systems.
As a highly visible leader, the candidate that would excel as the IT Supervisor of Application Development would be innovative, passionate and a results oriented hands-on supervisor.
With a background in both custom developed and Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications, the candidate will help determine what specific applications are needed to improve business operations, and then energize the team to achieve the vision.
The IT Supervisor of Application Development works under the general supervision of the IT Manager of Applications and supports the goals and reviews the results for effectiveness of the Application unit.
The candidate is tasked with planning, organizing, and directing the activities of a team that works with management and business stakeholders to determine feasibility and priority of systems requests, definition of automation objectives, and scope of projects.
The candidate will provide oversight to a highly technical staff responsible for a diverse set of business applications, including analysis and design, prototypes, software development, implementation, integrations, troubleshooting, and supporting break-fixes.
- Supervision and Mentoring:
Supervise IT employees including assignment and review of staff work as appropriate; develop and complete staff performance objectives and reviews; monitor, assess, and provide staff training; and provide technical guidance and consultation. Monitors and inspects work in progress to ensure continuity and timely completion. Provides on-going feedback regarding levels of performance and conducts timely and meaningful employee performance evaluations. Manages personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, and performance issues in a positive manner for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit. Develop and implement staff development plans to provide cross training of employees, specific job related training, and provide opportunities for staff flexibility and career growth.
- Software Application Oversight:
Manage a collection of business applications supporting multiple IT Supervisor of Applications departments and elected offices. Supervises the technical activities and functions related to developing, maintaining, and improving information technology that meets the operational and strategic business objectives. Monitor software and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues. Assess system data and error logs, along with user reports, to determine areas for improvement or repair. Organizes, plans, schedules, and manages software development and support efforts. Works with other IT units and service providers to ensure cross-coordination of production changes. Participates in team meetings, communicates status of ongoing projects and/or job tasks, and coordinates work schedule with team for the purpose of maintaining open communication.
- Governance and Process Improvement:
Work with other IT units to implement standards and coordinate the use and application of technology in a manner consistent with established standards. Responsible for reviewing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with technical policies and procedures. Provide guidance in the use of software development best practices.
- Strategic Planning: Support strategic planning activities of the programs IT Manager by accessing the needs of IT Supervisor of Applications application development processes and services. Identification of services or platforms that support department and enterprise requirements by leveraging commercial systems that reduce dependencies on custom software.
- Software Development: Experience with Microsoft technical stack - VB6, C#, .NET VisualStudio
- eBusiness Suites: Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, SalesForce Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), or Contact Relationship Management (CRM)
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC): Various forms of development life cycles including Waterfall, Incremental, Iterative, DevOps
- This position works with confidential information and requires a background check, which will include fingerprinting.
- Possess and maintain a valid Oregon driver’s license and maintain an acceptable driving record.
Experience and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) related field of study from an accredited institution; AND 2. Two (2) years of IT technically related experience (Depending on the position experience in a specialized field may be required; i.e. application development, infrastructure operations, service desk or other related IT disciplines); AND 3. Two (2) years of supervisory, or three (3) years technical lead experience, of six or more direct reports in an IT related field which may be concurrent with other required experience; OR 4. Any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience relevant to the position. 5. Lead experience must have included: training; reviewing the work of others; organizing, planning, and scheduling work assignments; providing input on employee performance evaluations; providing guidance in daily activities; providing technical expertise; acting as a resource on difficult points of procedures; and providing assistance to and making recommendations in the hiring process.
- Certification in Application Development or Application Architecture.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), or other equivalent project management certifications
- Business Analysis Professional (BA) certificate.
- Two (2) or more years' experience working in an ITIL/ITSM environment
This position is located in Salem, OR. Consultants should reside in the area.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.