The IT Support Administrator position is responsible for desktop-related support issues for the Rancho Cordova office and remote users throughout North America. The Desktop Support Administrator is integral to smooth operations of the IT Service Desk and must wear many hats to be successful. The position will require off-hours support, with occasional weekends and evenings as necessary.
- Supports, maintains and repair of IT equipment and infrastructure.
- Provides user support for specific user requirements to improve or enhance user productivity.
- Documents solution and workarounds maintain the knowledge database (e.g. known errors, workarounds).
- Supports end user questions regarding their desktop environment.
- Provides input on the effectiveness of client desktop support system methods and procedures as part of the continuous service improvement initiative
- Provides high touch, front line, technical support on video conference and conference room equipment.
- Troubleshoots software installs and document resolutions for desktop-initiated requests.
- Identify workstation software improvements and enhancements.
- Build, configure and deploy equipment for site end users.
- Pick up and store equipment in a secured location following documented process for assets management.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of printers, copiers, fax machines, and all-in-one units.
- Support Software installation, remediation, removal and fixes.
- Provides end user training and onsite support and on call responsibilities as needed.
- Demonstrates great follow up and customer service skills as well as strong project management, and relationship management skills.
- Smart Phones and Tablet Support
Excellent Troubleshooting Skills: 3 5 years in a fast past and varied environment. Someone who is capable of solving simple/complex helpdesk issue(s) as well as server, application, and/or network related issue(s).
Microsoft Office 365 2+ years using/administrating Office 365 via the portal as well as PowerShell.