Windows 10 Deployment Engineer
This role is a member of our IT Upgrade & Implementation Team deployed with our client, a Military Solutions Manufacturer. Our team is deploying new and upgraded solutions architected to support the client’s military engineering business. Our team support deployment of technology consisting of various solutions including Windows Server, VMWare, Linux High Performance Clusters, NAS Storage, Networking, Windows 10 Workstation, and Various Engineering applications.
An ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a Secret level DoD Security Clearance, demonstrated Windows 10 Workstation deployment experience, as well as a broad skill set including problem solving and resolution as well as work well within a focused deployment team. Attendance inside a Cincinnati based worksite is mandatory for this role.
- Implementation, Deployment, Testing and handoff of new and migration Windows 10 Workstations in secure environments.
- Documentation of all deployment activities for compliance.
- Ability to understand existing secure complex environment and navigate to a successful implementation and deployment of solutions
- Manage the implementation of change without adverse impact to continuity of service, adhering to existing change policy and processes, liaising with other business and technical teams.
- Identify and implement operational improvements for key processes in the deployment cycle.
- Provide effective escalation and resolution of issues and problems to line management.
- Ensure changes are correctly impact assessed and implemented.
- Adhere to existing naming conventions and other standards.
- Work with other IT teams and across silos.
- An eye on deployment automation of any manual functions that will require significant repeated effort
- Provide frequent status reports and issues to project management team.
- Provide input into Service Transition function to ensure Operations team can handle support after go-live
Knowledge, Ability, Skills, Certifications:
- Must be a US Citizen with an active S/SSBI or TS/SSBI level clearance
- 3+ years deploying Windows 10 OS & Workstations
- Demonstrated experience installing, customizing, configuring and testing Windows 10 Workstations; configuring disks and file systems; apply patches and fixes.
- Educated and holding a degree level qualification (preferably in an IT discipline) or equivalent and proven experience
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to identify areas that need improvement and take on board new work without it being assigned
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to take direction from others when needed and not afraid to ask for help
- Ability to think quickly and decisively and look for alternative solutions in challenging situations
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to document activities in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines
- Must be able to lift and move IT hardware up to 40 lbs.
If you have a strong desire to be learn, be mentored and have what it takes to succeed in a fast-paced global enterprise environment, then apply today and please visit www.cbts.com for more information on additional opportunities.
Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.