IT Support Analyst
Astor & Sanders Corporation, an award winning IT solutions provider located in Rockville, MD, is currently seeking an IT Support Analyst to provide desktop and technical support to employees of a Federal Agency. This is a full time position located in Reston, VA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Enter and manage technical support incidents in a ticketing system
- Troubleshoot, identify, and resolve problems and escalating problems to appropriate systems engineers
- Troubleshoot and resolve Tier 2 support issues via phone, email, remote desktop and on site, using remote desktop tools (Microsoft Remote Desktop, Bomgar)
- Resolve issues and maintaining customer contacts according to a specified service level
- Provide customer support personnel with adequate training to maintain and resolve the following client issues via telephone: Active Directory (AD), AD password resets, Mobile Device Management (iOS and Android devices) and network connectivity
- Maintain and resolve issues with desktop/laptop computers, client software, peripherals, printers, local network, etc. and provide on-site customer support and training
- Assist end users of applications software operating on Windows 7, Windows 10 and future versions of Microsoft Windows personal computers and laptops. Apple devices are also supported
- Assist customers with and resolve routine application questions, all versions of Microsoft Office Suite, Google mail, Calendar and Drive issues
- Perform desktops and laptops set-up; re-imaging, wiping and general hardware troubleshooting
- Install software for laptops and desktops
- Troubleshoot software and hardware problems with the expertise to resolve routine calls over the telephone and to resolve more complex problems within the Help Desk staff
- Add and delete user accounts and maintain groups as required
- Log and report each service request and problem report. Requires familiarity with the use of trouble ticketing system (Footprints, Remedy etc.)
- Assistance with Mobile Device Management service activation, general troubleshooting, wiping devices.
- Perform troubleshooting of local and network printer issues
- Perform manual antivirus scan of desktop/laptop after malicious incident notification
- Test software upgrades provided by the client, provide user upgrade plan, schedule upgrades with users and conduct upgrades
- Notify client of any unresolved user problems, outstanding trouble calls or other areas of concern
- 2+ years of help desk support experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 7/10, Active Directory, Apple/iOS and Android devices, Microsoft Remote Desktop, Bomgar, Footprints, Remedy.
- Experience using Google Mail, Calendar and Drive
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required
- Must have a positive team player attitude
- Strong analytical skills and be a creative self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Excellent time management skills to coordinate many different types of diverse activities
- High level of analytical and technical skills and mastery of software is required to maintain data
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated professional seeking personal challenges and professional rewards. Astor is a fast-growing, award-winning provider of IT solutions and services, and provides software engineering and development solutions using a variety of development tools, including host-based, web-based, and client-server applications. We offer a unique, stimulating, challenging, and fun environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance.
Our goal is to provide highly qualified information technology services to our customers. We help our customers stay ahead of the curve, meeting challenges and needs of the progressive market.
Our competitive benefits package includes medical and dental coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, metro-check program, and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a chance to work with bright, highly motivated people dedicated to excellence, please apply today!
EEO/AA employer. Astor & Sanders Corporation (Astor) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law. Astor welcomes all individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.