IT Support Analyst
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn t just a job it s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
The Local IT Support analyst provides IT infrastructure support for all employees in the local office and within the region. The IT Support analyst is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, in person and via self-service mechanisims.
Customer Support is a global IT group incorporating all business-facing operational support, from internal desktop management through to strategic client integration on Citco s core software platforms. The service delivered by the Customer Support group is aligned to both strategic Customer demands in a given region and the operational considerations for that timezone in the follow-the-sun Shared Services Center model.
Working as part of the Customer Support group, this role interacts with multiple functions within the Customer Support IT group and with other groups within the wider IT team. In a day-to-day capacity, the Local IT administrator oversees the day to day operations and evaluates service delivered. The Local IT team are one of the first points of contact for internal business customers and ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded. They are reponsible for ensuring defined metrics/benchmarks are met and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service. More generally this role has input on organizational structure and procedures to ensure a comprehensive and robust support model is established.
This role reports into the VP of End User Compute based in Toronto.
Job Duties in Brief
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, requests and coordinate/implement scheduled changes, including operating systems, telecoms and enterprise software applications.
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out incident analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- To accurately record, update and document incidents and requests in the Service Desk ticketing system.
- To maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all users in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- Verify IT Asset Management (ITAM) records up to date.
- Provide support and management of physical access and general security of the premises where required.
- To complete daily/weekly/monthly IT Health Checks for the Local Office.
- Proactively notify Business and IT management of any issues as soon as they re identified and provide regular updates on proposed solutions.
- Assist in BCP planning and testing by ensuring IT hardware and facilities are DR ready.
- Report to Business and IT Management on a periodic basis on IT issues, progress, initiatives, upcoming hardware/software replacements/upgrades and anything else which may impact Business operations.
- Act as general on-site resource for all IT teams supporting the site.
- Cross organisational support remote support for other locations.
- Work after hours as required and be available to participate in an on-call schedule.
The successful candidate is an experienced and energetic contributor, with the ability to build Customer relationships, while driving alignment and strategy in the Customer Support IT group. You can impact both day-to-day service delivery and Customer Support management and long-term structural group alignment and strategy definition. Mature communicator, with the ability to effectively convey information of a technical nature to non-technical audiences.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated understanding of ITIL and Change Management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem management skills.
- Experience in ensuring compliance with industry and local government standards.
- Bachelor's degree or technical qualification prevalent to the position.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and training
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to engage audiences
- Ability to build relationships and work well across functions
- Experience in a collaborative team environment, accepting workload and responsibilities
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and have strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and oversee multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates a strong customer orientation, and strategic thinking with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrates cross-functional expertise and the ability to thrive in a highly complex environment
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.