*Alternate work location includes Rocky Mount, NA and Richmond, VA
As an IT Support Analyst II focusing on security, you will be responsible for providing quality technical support to a varied client base. You will diagnose and troubleshoot problems across a range of disciplines, including apps, network, server, email, and cloud. You will also act as an escalation point for junior support analysts and must possess excellent communication skills. Most importantly, you must have excellent problem-solving skills and be able to prioritize tasks based on urgency. We’re looking for people who take pride in doing excellent work, who can both teach and learn from those around them.
- Effectively communicate with third parties including clients, consultants, vendors, and other support organizations, both verbally and in writing.
- Own each ticket from creation to resolution, utilizing effective time management, scheduling, and follow through.
- Collaborate with other support team members and advanced technology resources to resolve issues.
- Effectively document problems, troubleshooting steps, and resolution.
- Create/update client documentation, procedures, and guides.
- Stay up to date on and develop technical skillset across competencies.
- Be flexible as additional duties will be assigned.
- Experience in computer networking related problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting.
- Fundamental understanding and hands-on experience with network and internet technologies including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, site-to-site and remote access VPN, DNS, DHCP, encryption, certificates.
- Understanding of and experience with email deliverability, filtering, and headers.
- Experience with Microsoft Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, and Azure/Office 365 (non-infrastructure/VM)
- Understanding and experience with authentication mechanisms including LDAP, RADIUS, SAML, etc.
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate matters to others.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent ticket/client management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Associates degree in related field of study or equivalent work experience or certification.
- 2+ years’ experience in relevant job role.
- Network or security related certification (CCNA, NET+, SEC+, SSCP, CCSP, etc)
- Preferred multiple or professional level certification.