Our client, a top prestigious investment management firm that has been around for many years, is looking to hire a full-time IT Support Analyst to work in Midtown Manhattan.
You will provide knowledgeable 5-star technical support on-site and remote to users in the New York and remote offices.
This role sits within the Infrastructure Support function. You are responsible for providing a first point of call and escalations for all IT related issues within the firm's New York Office but also have the wider focus of taking and solving calls from other offices and covering the international office out of hours line.
The role will require the individual to primarily support the IT needs and resolve issues for users located within the North America region. They will ensure our systems run smoothly every minute of the day and strive to deliver a 5-star service to the users within the firm.
The work will require an individual to manage, maintain and support everything from virtualized servers, desktops, iPads and mobile devices to security, networking, hardware installation and User Administration. As well as supporting the US function the individual will be expected to interface with the main IT function based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Purpose of Role:
You will provide support for a broad range of hardware and software products and services. You will focus primarily on servicing users within the local office but will also be expected to interface with the Infrastructure Service Delivery Team located in Edinburgh, Scotland, and other remote offices. The key purpose of the role is to ensure that technical issues are recorded and resolved in a timely and efficient manner and the New York users and office visitors have an excellent and consistent experience from their IT services.
- Work with external vendors and internal IT to ensure that physical kit including IT infrastructure remains fully serviced and fit for purpose whilst ensuring all work is carried out with great care and due diligence to mitigate impact to the firm.
- Participate in installing, configuring, optimizing, and documenting systems
- Interface with Edinburgh IT teams to ensure awareness and participate where appropriate in project related tasks
- Develop and review ongoing maintenance of procedures documentation
- Work autonomously but equally interface and collaborate well with the global IT teams
- Monitor logged and allocated calls to ensure a high level of service provision to firm's staff
- Responsible for creation and review of relevant systems checks and taking appropriate action
- Issue and maintenance of laptops, mobile phones and their accessories, AV units, ensure general stock of peripheral items
- Participate in relevant user administration, i.e. new start set up, systems overview, changes and leavers
- Ensure skillset evolves with the role to enable you to support the firm to a high standard
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a fast-paced 1st/2nd line IT support role
- Strong skills supporting Windows 10 desktop
- Strong skills supporting Microsoft business product suite (i.e. Office 2016, O365)
- Strong skills supporting A/V solutions Zoom, Teams etc.
- Experience supporting WLAN infrastructure
- VDI support and troubleshooting
- Experience supporting Apple technologies in an enterprise environment
- Understanding of network fundamentals
- A good understanding of email flow and end to end email troubleshooting
- Experience with Mobile Device Management in the Enterprise for management/deployment of mobile devices (preferably Intune)
- Experience supporting/troubleshooting VPN connections
- Experience of VMware
- Use of tools to diagnose and troubleshoot issues with remote users
- Printer support and troubleshooting