IT Support Specialist - Job Description
Our client is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join the Information Technology team and support our diverse and talented staff in offices around the globe. The Technical Support Specialist is first and foremost a customer service role. Attitude and attention to detail are as revered as technical competency, and a successful candidate must have well rounded technical knowledge as well as the ability communicate effectively, to understand the problem, and explain its solution in a timely manner. If you like to take things apart, tinker, read tech blogs, and/or constantly strive to understand every aspect of some system, we re definitely looking for you.
- Provides support to onsite and remote users via in person, chat, email, and phone
- Video / audio conference setup and support. Ensure all sites are connected on time and receiving / transmitting good audio / video
- Troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software, and configuration issues
- Supports corporate email, Active Directory, and onsite network
- Interfaces with 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot issues
- Creates documentation for issue resolution
- Quick response to emergency / ad-hoc requests
- Maintains current inventory of hardware, software licenses, and office equipment
- Setups/maintains/procures on premise equipment and network
- Assist with onboarding and off boarding employees
- Manages Office 365 environments; OneDrive for Business, SharePoint, Skype for Business, Security and Compliance Center
- Support and engineering for Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
- Technical Lead on IT projects from concept to delivery.
Keys (Must haves):