Are you looking to use your technical skills to help others succeed? Do you want to join a company with a strong team-oriented and supportive culture AND have a direct positive impact on your fellow team members? Are you looking for a company where you will get to use your technical skills to problem-solve and directly contribute to the daily success of the team? We offer all of this plus so much more!
M. Davis & Sons, Inc., located in Wilmington, DE., is an award-winning, 5th generation family, Industrial Contractor with Core Competencies in Mechanical, Electrical, Fabrication, ASME Vessels, Controls, Automation, Process & Piping, Modular Skid Fabrication, Equipment Installations and Rigging. We are a company who provides One Source for all Industrial Construction, Fabrication & Maintenance needs! Fueled by our outstanding team of credentialed engineers and trades people, we drive the key services of a successful plant, and create successful end-to-end solutions for meeting our clients’ goals. With a focus on safety and impeccable workmanship, we drive projects and are a key partner to companies in fast-changing and highly-regulated industries, such as energy, pharmaceutical, chemical, oil & gas, technology, and food and beverage.
We are looking for an IT Support Specialist to join our growing team!
You will make valuable contributions to the organization by working closely with the IT manager to provide technical support systems for team members in multiple departments. This position will be the first point of contact in reporting and resolving software, hardware, and technical operational issues. The ideal candidate will enjoy troubleshooting and problem solving to help team members with day-to day tech issues.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform troubleshooting (both in-person and remotely) in response to user calls and emails to diagnose and resolve problems, questions, or issues
- First point of contact in communication with multiple departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operational issues.
- Address technical issues while taking accurate reports (maintenance records/logs of repair/maintenance schedules) in ticket system.
- Triage user computer software/hardware
- Image workstations, deploy workstations, facilitate new user set-ups, and provide orientation and guidance on software and new equipment usage
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Address software migrations and networking issues on multiple on-site locations (Printers, Wifi, Physical Networking)
- Application installation, troubleshooting, removal
- Job-Site network integration
- Provide Ticket escalation and give technical evaluation.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- On-Call responsibilities and transportation required, other duties may be assigned as needed
- Windows base systems (Windows 10)
- IPv4 Networking
- Windows server knowledge
- OSI model implementation for IP networking
- VLAN working knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain patient and cool-tempered while interacting with a wide range of users with different levels of computer expertise
- Excellent time-management skills and a proven ability to self-start and meet deadlines
- Ability to grow with everchanging tech and tech systems
- LOG interpretation experience
- Ability to gather and analyze information and develop solutions for users
- Ability to prioritize tasks and elevate problems to management, when appropriate
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company-based information
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Ability to function well in a high paced, and at times, stressful environment
- Strong ability to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events
- 2-year Certificate or Associates Degree in computer related field
- Proficiency in English
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer related field
- A+ Certification
- Security+ Certification
- CCNA Certification
- Modern Desktop Administrator
- Windows Operating System fundamentals
- Networking fundamentals
- Security fundamentals
- VMWARE experience
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Work Location: Corporate headquarters and Field shop locations are in Wilmington, DE. and Newark, DE. Position does require travel (approximately 30%) to jobsites located throughout the local and regional areas of Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.
M. Davis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a comprehensive Benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k plan, + so much more!