Large cooperate law firm in Downtown Los Angeles is looking to hire a Support Specialist 1 on a fulltime permanent basis.
The hours for this position will be:
- Week 1: Sunday-Thursday 8am-5pm
- Week 2: Sunday-Wednesday 8am-5pm
Schedule rotates weekly between week 1 and week 2.
The IT Support Specialist I work directly with attorneys, staff, professional managers and firm directors as the frontline point of contact for the firm. The IT Support Specialist I have regular interactions with the IT staff at all levels of the organization, including IT Directors and the firm's CIO, as it relates to operations, support and technology Improvements. The IT Support Specialist I can expect to have frequent contact with attorneys in all the firm's offices including senior leaders throughout the firm.
The IT Support Specialist I is a critically Important role situated in the IT Department and first reachable asset for IT support issues and requests. They are at the frontline for telephone and email support of all firm-authorized technology and related-services including troubleshooting and resolving technical problems. In many ways, the IT Support Specialist I is the IT Department's emissary to the rest of the firm since they'll support our attorneys and staff on a wide range of technology issues typically found in large law firms – especially related to the processing of legal documents. The IT Support Specialist I will lend their support to the firm's IT System Engineers and must be able to resolve Help Desk incidents and requests related to the firm's technology quickly, pleasantly and efficiently.
SPECIFIC DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resolve end-user calls presented by phone, email, or face-to-face interactions, including issues with applications, computer hardware, printers, mobile devices, telephones, and basic network access.
- Monitor incident queue dashboard and resolve all assigned IT incidents using ServiceNow ticketing system.
- Workload average of 15-25 incidents per day.
- Escalate incidents to Level II or appropriate support teams when needed.
- Be the single point of contact for end users by following up on open incidents with escalation teams.
- Maintain a 1:1 call to ticket ratio.
- Knowledge share by creating or modifying knowledgebase entries.
- Maintain the highest level of customer service.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player.
- Work with IT team members on testing software applications, firm deployed Images and updating technical documentation.
- Perform additional duties and functions as requested.
- Minimum 1-year experience supporting technology in a medium to large law firm
- Expert proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite 2013/2016/2019/365, particularly Word.
- Proficiency with commonly used legal applications including document management systems, legal template and numbering software, document comparison software, timekeeping software, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Expert proficiency supporting Microsoft Windows, including performance and connectivity issues.
- Bachelor's Degree or 2-year IT Support environment experience.
- International law firm experience preferred.
- Ability to install, service and support Dell computer hardware.
- Ability to support maintenance activities in Active Directory, including changes to user accounts.
- Ability to administer distribution lists, mobile devices and mailboxes within Microsoft Exchange Administrator console.
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 10.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including the ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of customers in a calm and professional manner at all times, particularly under pressure.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications and legal-specific software packages.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and work effectively in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Team player with a strong sense of customer service.
- Reliable and consistent attendance.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to speak multiple languages preferred.