Trish McEvoy - IT Support Specialist
Trish McEvoy currently has an opportunity for a professional and experienced individual to fill the role of IT Support Specialist. In this position, the successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of all computer workstations and associated software within the NJ/ NY offices. The IT Support Specialist will also be the main point of contact for employee who are experiencing computer issues. The candidate will support the day-to-day activities of users, perform system maintenance, documentation of systems and deployment of IT solutions. The specialist will also provide support for the IT technology manager that will cover a wide array of competencies. Duties include but are not limited to system troubleshooting, vendor coordination, software patching, system deployment, license management, and hardware and software management.
- Calmly and efficiently handle technical requests such as troubleshooting issues with user technology including phones, laptops and tablets.
- Assist personnel with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware and software.
- Day to day support of all technology assets, platforms, and IT infrastructure systems.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone.
- Conduct daily backup operations.
- Being the single point of contact to the user for all IT related requests including dispatch ticket queue, answering phones and email inquiries with regards to technical support initiatives.
- Providing resolution to level one incidents and following up with users until issue is resolved.
- Maintaining documentation for all Service Desk and end user processes / procedures.
- Support local networks, including LAN, Wi-Fi, and VPNs.
- Assist IT Manager with the implementation of networking technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience managing technology in a small or medium business.
- Experience with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016.
- Experience supporting MS Office 2013/2016 and Office 365.
- Configuration and support of iPhone and Android devices with Exchange activesync.
- Knowledge of macOS to support our Apple-centric office.
- Excellent interpersonal / customer service skills; strong written / verbal communication skills.
- Time management skills, motivation, reliability, and a self-starter attitude required.
- Hands-on support, and willingness to roll up your sleeves and solve problems.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Knowledge of client/server environments, group policies, domain services and networking.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while working with all levels of users within the company.
- Bachelor s Degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science or related field.
- 2-3+ years experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- Microsoft MCSE preferred.
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience.
- Excellent desk side support practices and customer service skills.
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required.