Kofrce's New Haven, Connecticut (CT) client is looking for a short-term IT Support Technician on a contract basis.
As a member of our client's IT Client Services Team, you will provide technical computer assistance to faculty, staff and students which includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up. This role requires experience and understanding of computing systems and networking applications. This position involves the use of help desk incident tracking system and system monitoring tools.
* Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the Help Desk channels (walk-up, telephone based and email)
* Monitor service desk for tickets assigned to the IT queue and process per documented procedures
* Provide tier 1 assistance to end-users related to computer and or networking problems, and services and procedures within the Community; Troubleshoot user problems with computer hardware, software, and networking; Analyze and resolve user problems, prepare documentation, and informational materials for non-technical users; Research and analyze software and network problems and recommend solutions or resolve independently
* Solve technical problems and only escalate problems of a complex nature
* Work as part of an integrated IT team and with other personnel within a multi-vendor multi-platform environment; Share knowledge with IT team; Assist in IT training programs for the user community
* Responds to emergency calls and routine calls; Analyzes problems to determine if a technician site visit is required; Creates work order and follow-ups on technician visit to ensure resolution; Documents all reported problems
* Provides technical expertise and consultation in researching, analyzing and implementing hardware and software solutions of varying scope: from one user to all users
* Act as project leader for assigned IT projects with minimal supervision
* To be considered for this position, candidates must have experience in a similar role or they must possess significant knowledge, experience, and abilities to successfully perform the responsibilities listed
* Relevant education and/or training will be considered a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.