Save the Chimps is seeking an IT Support Technician with Web Development experience to join our team. We are a well-established organization with a 20-year history and are seeking a seasoned IT Support Technician who is passionate about our cause and who can add value through designing, coding and modifying website, landing pages and capture forms, from layout to function and according to style specifications. The position will also be responsible for assisting our employees and the Sanctuary with various technology needs.
Organizational Mission and History
Save the Chimps operates the largest privately funded chimpanzee sanctuary in the world. Located on nearly 150 acres on Florida s Treasure Coast, the sanctuary provides lifetime care and enrichment for chimpanzees retired from research laboratories, entertainment, and the pet trade.
Save the Chimps was established in 1997 and is home to nearly 240 chimpanzees. The work of the organization is accomplished by a nonprofit board of directors, more than 60 full-time staff members, and a group of community volunteers.
The Role of the Web Developer
The IT Support Technician is responsible for helping to increase awareness of Save the Chimps through effective, creative, and professional designing, coding and modifying of the Save the Chimps external website, landing pages and capture forms. The expectation is that he/she will also provide desk side support to all the employees at the Sanctuary.
Compensation for the IT Support Technician includes a competitive salary and an excellent package of employee health benefits.
The primary duties of the IT Support Technician include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare new graphically dynamic landing pages, sliders, and all related collateral for for web pages and email templates according to monthly campaign schedule
- Update existing landing pages for transfer from existing platform to Hubspot or similar Wordpress compatible CRM
- Make recommendations on updates and integrations for email platform, web platform, CRM & credit card authorization software
- Update existing website content as needed
- Analyze current site to ensure content, graphics, and navigation provide a positive user experience
- Repair and replace damaged hardware
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, upgrade and repair PC s, Servers, Laptops, LAN s/Wan s, Wireless Routers, Printer s, etc.
- Work cooperatively with our team and any outside technical advisors/vendors
- Follow company procedures and deadlines
The successful IT Support Technician candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- Associate s degree required, with degree in web design or computer science. Bachelor s Degree preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience is preferred.
- Experience with Remote Support, Networking, Hardware Implementation
- Knowledge of VoIP
- Knowledge of IP Security Cameras
- Strong OS troubleshooting skills Windows 10,8,7
- Knowledge of networking, routing, and switching protocols and proper network design infrastructure.
- Experience with WiFi installation and Setup (Standard and Mesh Networks with Roaming)
- Proficient in Printer Networking (Connecting Printers to Server Networks and Sharing)
- Working experience with Wordpress, and demonstrated knowledge of HTML, CSS, Javascrpit and PHP.
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management in previous positions
- Experience in analyzing, planning and delivering software and platform suggestions for incorporation across multiple departments
- Ability to work in a collaborative, small environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as forge strong working relationships with others, instilling confidence and trust among leadership, fellow staff, and external constituents.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, seeing projects to completion on deadline and with quality.
- Mastery of the art of effective written communication and working knowledge of effective verbal communication.
- Possession of critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- High ethical standards, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Must possess a passion for the organization s mission.
- Must possess the ability to relate to diverse communities.
- Commitment to lifelong learning and professional development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to: stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, step stools, ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear; able to push and pull metal doors. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and team lift in excess of 25 lbs.
Save the Chimps is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.