IT System Administrator
As an engineering & manufacturing partner, MCL Industries can take our customers’ products from design through delivery, allowing them to focus on new product development and sales. The MCL Family takes pride in providing world-class engineering & manufacturing solutions for our customers across diverse industries. We are located in Pulaski, WI, just 15 minutes northwest of Green Bay.
Happiness at Work
Since you spend a lot of time at work, we do our best to make MCL a place where you can share your knowledge while learning new skills, build cool stuff, contribute continuous improvement ideas and make new friends while you’re at it. MCL offers work/life balance, casual attire, and fun & inclusion in a safe & clean work environment.
We currently seek experienced candidates for the role of IT System Administrator. In this role, you will contribute to a high-performing, fast-paced team by continuously improving infrastructure through simplification, modernization, optimization, automation, and execution of IT operational efficiencies. The ideal candidate for this position will provide thought leadership and actively contribute to multiple business-enabling projects while providing day-to-day Tier 2 and 3 operational support of on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure. The IT System Administrator position is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about technology, solving problems, helping users stay productive, and continuously learning.
- Audit, Monitor and optimize systems in order to achieve and maintain maximum performance and availability.
- Monitor, identify, and proactively report issues (e.g. security, capacity, performance, uptime, etc.) with the internal network and cloud infrastructure.
- Evaluate issues for trends, identify root-cause for system problems and plan & implement necessary corrective action and changes.
- Perform vulnerability and penetration tests to identify potential threats and work on steps to defend against them
- Develop and update security improvement initiatives and train employees in security awareness/procedures
- Develop scripts for automation of provisioning, backup, restore, diagnosis, etc.
- Coordinate existing Microsoft Windows server environment, including Microsoft Azure, Active Directory Services, VMWare and Hyper-V hypervisors, Office 365, NAS and SAN storage.
- Supports and improves the backup operations, business continuity plans and disaster recovery tests.
- Researches and assesses new technology capabilities to support interpersonal growth, improve efficiency and increase maturity.
- Diagnose and resolve internal IT technical issues for technical and non-technical users.
- Document how-to information, guides, and procedures.
- Remain up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of technical experience coordinating Windows infrastructure
- MCSE, CISSP and CompTIA A+ certifications are strongly preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience enough to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Critical thinking skills and analytical ability
- Attention to detail with the ability to adhere to company policies
- Strong organizational skills with ability to organize and work on own initiative and prioritize multiple priorities appropriately
- Strong personal interaction and communication skills including the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical persons
- Ability to learn new technology or software systems quickly and develop a level of proficiency in unfamiliar systems and software
- Proficient with Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD architecture, configuration and administration
- Practical knowledge of SQL Server administration, IIS 7+, Microsoft Office, and PowerShell
- Proficient with managing and maintaining hypervisor technologies such as VMWare and Hyper-V
- Thorough knowledge of Windows XP, 7, and 10, and Windows Server 2003-2016 operating systems
- Possess working knowledge of enterprise server security and patch management methods using Microsoft Server Update Services and Systems Center Configuration Manager
- Practical knowledge of networking infrastructure including cabling, ports, switches, Ethernet, Wi-Fi access and TCP/IP
- Practical knowledge of disaster recovery and business continuity concepts, processes and practices
- Able to work outside business hours to support project initiatives, system changes and issue critical concerns as needed
We generously reward hard work and initiative and offer a full benefits package that gives our employees both unique perks and peace of mind, including: Medical, Dental, Life and Disability insurances, Vision coverage, On-site Fitness & Wellness Center, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, new employee on-boarding plus continuing development and training opportunities, and more!
Qualified candidates should complete an application on our website: www.mcl.bz/careers.
No phone calls or in-person applications please.
No relocation assistance available.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions, and during employment, team members are treated without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap.