IT Systems / Application Manager
Location; Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Manage a team of analysts and programmers responsible for the analysis, improvement, and integration of new and existing business systems.
- Demonstrate deep level of understanding not only of technical systems but their relation to business operations and proactively seek ways to improve business functions.
- Monitor core production systems, applications, including job scheduling, verification of results, and quality control.
- Manage subordinate staff in day-to-day performance of their jobs, ensures adherence to best practices and company policy.
- Provide input to strategic direction and tactical oversight of application environment and its utilization.
- Prepare reports and provide recommendations for the VP of IT.
- 25% - (Management and Effectiveness) Maintain the quality and reliability of Information Technology systems by monitoring system performance and System Support Specialists duties.
- 25% - (Employee Development and Management) Mentor and instruct System Support Specialists on duties to increase efficiency and promote cross training among staff.
- 20% - (Information Technology Performance) Supervise the daily routines of System Support Specialists.
- 20% - (Teamwork and Cooperation) Assist the VP of IT in meeting internal staff computer requirements by serving as a technical resource.
- 10% - (Problem Solving) - Monitor, evaluate, and assign System Support Specialists to resolve technical issues.
- Ensure effective and efficient operations of applications, meeting or exceeding needs of the organization.
- Identify opportunities for business application improvement and utilization, including staff interaction, training and analysis.
- Consult with users to determine software or system functional specifications.
- Identify, train and coach staff to analyze and oversee operational, tactical and strategic application needs.
- Respond to internal inquiries and develop software solutions for system failures and complex technical problems in all of these areas to deliver a sound and stable computing infrastructure; providing exceptional support while demonstrating a sense of priorities.
- Ensure adherence to Software Development Life Cycle, code control and secure programming best practices.
- Document, test and modify computer systems to ensure optimal operation within the business environment.
- Serve as information resource for users, including determination of most appropriate solution, providing or arranging application-based report writing, or educating users to retrieve the information themselves.
- Remain knowledgeable of operations and the computer systems within client departments to provide comprehensive support.
- Work closely with executive management, communicating regularly with technical and operations staff to ensure systems integrity and security; developing, identifying and installing new applications and customizing existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Establish regular maintenance and review of credit union's systems, permissions and performance.
- Review project requests describing system user needs to estimate time and cost requirements; work with team to coordinate system development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Review release notes for business applications identifying possible issues and new features, coordinate with business lines to address concerns and take advantage of new features.
- Respect confidentiality of information handled.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5 to 7 years of Information Technology experience, preferably in credit unions in similar roles.
- 3 to 5 years in management supervising people.
- Experience with Symitar required.
- Experience with AIX / UNIX and SQL systems.
- Demonstrated ability to create software solutions from business requirements.
- Data warehouse experience; reporting, business intelligence, and dashboarding.
- Experience with PowerOn, Symform, SymPDF and Symconnect strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create, maintain and document solutions using a combination of Object-Oriented languages, SQL and APIs.
- Demonstrated ability to independently lead projects to successful resolution and coordinate with multiple stakeholders.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Daily tasks involve contact with others inside and/or outside the company, generally regarding troubleshooting and progress reports.
- Must have good communication, troubleshooting, and research skills. Patience, listening, and presentation skills are also necessary.
Platinum Resource Group is a professional level consulting firm, providing resources to Fortune 1000 client companies in the areas of technology, human resources, accounting, finance, business systems and supply chain, on a contract and interim basis. PRG has operations in Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. As a W-2 employer we offer our consultants direct deposit bi-weekly payroll, health, dental, vision benefits, paid holidays, and referral bonuses.