WANTED: An experienced, mission-driven IT Systems Administrator to assist in operating and maintaining our client s various enterprise information technology systems and supporting subsystems. This encompasses managing various client systems to include Windows Server, Citrix XenServer, and VMWare systems. The ideal candidate should possess strong professional interpersonal qualities in addition to the technical aptitude expected from an established IT professional.
A week in the life of an IT Systems Administrator:
- Provide advanced tier 2 level support on an IT Service Desk supporting over 30 sites throughout the world through voice and online communications.
- Become familiar and perform the requirements of the Senior IT Systems Administrator in his/her absence or assist as needed to include deploying software through System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and scheduling and monitoring system backups.
- Maintain accurate records through use of online ticketing and inventory system while ensuring valuable information is maintained for future access.
- Report directly to the Service Desk Line Manager.
- Become part of a team responsible for the timely implementation of major upgrades and improvements to a network supporting 400+ users at over 30 sites throughout the world.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine and TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com.
- Active DoD Top Secret with SCI clearance.
- Security+ CE certificationor equal or greater certification (i.e. CISSP - it has to be DoD 8570 IAT level 2 compliant)
- 5+ years of enterprise-level Active Directory administration
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with MS Exchange
- 5+ years of hands-on experience managing/administering a patch management solution (i.e. SCCM/WSUS)
- Solid understanding of VBScript and PowerShell
- Experience administering, monitoring, and troubleshooting Backup Exec or a related program to ensure data is being consistently backed up and safely stored.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
Willingness to assist and train others while providing support to over 300 customers through telephone, online and in person in a diverse and continually evolving work environment.
System Administrator with one or more of the following designations: MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, CCA for XenApp 6.5, CCAA for XenApp 6.5, VCP.
- Advanced knowledge of & experience working with Windows Client (Windows 7/10), Server (2008R2/2012R2/2016), Active Directory, and Windows Group Policy.
- Advanced experience in scheduling and managing backups of systems data.
- Advanced experience in managing Windows Server technologies to include SQL Server, System Center (SCCM, SCOM), SharePoint, Exchange 2010/2016, etc.
- Experience with SAN storage technologies such as Dell EqualLogic and EMC devices and integration with vSphere 6.0/6.5.
- Advanced knowledge of systems administration, optimization, and industry best practices.
- Extensive experience with networking, desktops / laptops, servers, virtualization, managing data, applications, websites, and database supporting a multi-site, multi-domain Windows forest.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time in order to provide on-site support to a remote site approximately 60 miles mile from primary work location.
10 - 20%