We are seeking an lT Systems Administrator a direct-hire in (downtown) Chicago, IL. In this role, you will provide day-to-day support and maintenance of P.C.’s server-based hardware, operating systems, and application software. In this role, you will troubleshoot business-critical incidents, working with staff, IT support specialists, consultants, and contractors. The SE should stay abreast of current and new technology as it relates to their role. He/she will work directly with other IT department members, consultants, contractors, and vendors as Level 1 and 2 support, escalating as needed. This role will require you to be customer-focused, pro-active, accept ownership, have a sense of urgency, and understand the culture and complexity of handling sensitive information. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintain and support applications on company desktops.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Manage configuration, performance, and maintenance of the organization's enterprise application servers.
- Monitors all system alerts, backups, and security logs and remediate as needed.
- Monitor backup operations and troubleshoot as needed. Will also validate backups can be retrieved and restored on a quarterly basis.
- Assists in the daily and pro-active maintenance of the infrastructure environment.
- Baseline systems before deployment and provides monthly reports on current performance.