IT Systems AdminitratorJob Description:
Researches, designs, develops operates and maintains support services for existing and new business applications and/or information systems solutions through integration of technical and business requirements per standard company IT process methodology (such as ITIL and ITSM). Includes identification, development and prioritization of support services according to business criticality. Applications and information systems solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of business requirements, configuration of 3rd party software implementation of infrastructure solutions, creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications, and support and maintenance of infrastructure and information systems. Works within the Information Technology function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies. Participates in architecture reviews to ensure that solutions comply with standards and uses approved technologies. Typical customers are company end users and various functional areas such as Supply Chain, Research and Development, Marketing, Finance, a business, or the company. Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Participates as a member of an IT technical team or teams. May lead a small team of support engineers or application. Independently implements end- user or enterprise infrastructureapplication or services of moderate complexity as prepared by more senior technologist in support of more complex solutions.
- Applies technical knowledge to operate and administer infrastructure or software platforms and user groups of moderate to high complexity. Independently resolves some highly complex technical issues within a given technical area. Partners with members of a given team or other IT teams as appropriate. May act as an Incident Life Cycle coordinator or service delivery lead to provide resolution for complex issues. Identifies potential escalations and proactively alerts management, leads escalation through L4.
- Proactively searches for issues and provides solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility including patch management.
- Independently reviews, implements and verifies highly complex and high risk changes and solutions. Mentors other team members.
- Ensures configuration management database entries are complete and accurate.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information SystemsComputer Science or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong experience with infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, end user and serverweb related applications).
- Strong experience with business IT applications (e.g. supply chain, customer relationship mgmt, HR, finance) . Experience in scripting andor programming language.
- Experience with implementation, problem analysis and solutioning of infrastructure and business application environments. Foundational knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity. Possess creative ability, consulting skills, leadership qualities, credibility and self confidence. Demonstrated ability to work with geographically dispersed teams. Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and solutions.
Information TechnologyMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status