Please let me know a good time for a quick call or give me a call onto discuss this opportunity.
IT Systems Engineer with hands on Powershell exp in Production environment
Location: Remote but will have to be in Ann Arbor at some point
Duration: Contract to Hire
Need someone to start ASAP
The IT Systems Engineer works within the Operations group and cross-functionally with other IT groups. This Engineer will have the opportunity to provide team mentoring and guidance in the form of best IT practice to strengthen leadership skills. Their core responsibilities involve operability of IT systems involved in Point of Sale and other functions.
In this area, these Engineers will focus on:
- Integrating new and existing IT initiatives into operational frameworks and tools.
- Lead or participate in platform level IT solution design and implementation.
- Creating tooling and/or automating processes to enable more efficient work for Operations teams, Support teams, and Developers.
- Participating in the operational grooming of new store technology changes or additions
- Participating in production readiness evaluations as part of release management
- Coordinating and executing production pilot software deployments for Point of Sale and surrounding systems
- Leading or participating in system problem solving efforts alongside with the development and/or support teams
- Leading or participating in the triage and resolution of critical, high visibility production system impacts
- Proactively identifying and resolving system issues impactful to business operations
- Leading or participating in the triage and resolution of critical, high visibility system impacts
- Ensuring application and system configuration compliance for internal systems
- Analyzing systems and procedures to identify value add improvement opportunities
- 6+ years in IT operations and/or application support or 3+ years in IT operations and/or application support for retail focused systems
- 5+ years in scripted production system automation and production system design from scratch, polished, PowerShell scripting preferred
- Expertise and experience in Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) or Operating System Deployment (OSD)
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
- Takes pride in work while appreciating feedback, discussion, and iteration
- Ability to participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Ability to travel 5%
Nice to have:
- Experience with PowerShell DSC or other Infrastructure as Code frameworks
- Experience with Splunk or similar log analyzers