|Posting Title||IT Systems Network Engineer|
|Full Time / Part-Time||Full Time|
|Description||IT Systems Network Engineer (SWF-18-0311-F) |
Bowhead is seeking a IT Systems Network Engineer for support services for the Strategic Weapons Facility, Atlantic on Naval Submarine Base, Kings Bay (SWFLANT). Please note position is located in Kings Bay, GA on-site work in required.
• Provide connectivity troubleshooting and support in response to Help Desk service requests to assist onsite Network contractor with network troubleshooting and provide liaison to the SSP and SPK community.
• Support wireless and wired classified and unclassified networks components (approximately 100 managed switches, 4 firewalls, 5 routers, 2 IPS/IDS appliances, NTP Appliance, WIDS infrastructure and inline encryption/TACLANES (KIV and KG)) used for accessing the Secret Internet Protocol Routed Network (SIPRNET) and Non-secure Internet Routed Network (NIPRNET) in accordance with SSP Enterprise infrastructure initiatives. This support includes:
• Supporting Enterprise infrastructure working groups. Testing and implementing proscribed Enterprise secure configurations templates and procedures. Supporting hardware replacements and installations.
• Preparing, installing and maintaining secure local configurations and equipment where Enterprise configurations are not available. Install, configure, operate, and maintain SWFLANT’s classified and unclassified enterprise e-mail systems. Maintain exchange recipient containers for e-mail addresses of SWFLANT and other government and contractor personnel. Maintaining user accounts and email mailboxes. Liaise with government and contractor organizations to ensure SWFLANT addressing information is current and accurate.
• Participate in Configuration Control Board meetings and coordinate inter and intra command IT matters and efforts with applicable SWFLANT personnel.
• Install, configure, operate and maintain client/server database software required to support the business requirements of SWFLANT personnel. Provide on call support for critical services outside of normal working hours. Functions include:
• Maintaining network client configuration baseline/standard and initiating the application of government verified & approved security/problem related service packs and patches. Configuring, installing, replacing, upgrading, and moving network clients; preparing and installing minor cabling. Testing and installing approved server and client add-on software and hardware. Handling, keying, accountability and operational support to KMI/ComSec equipment.
• Maintaining web based standard desktop software library to include development of installation instruction and maintaining pushed configurations. Maintaining disaster recovery, fault tolerance, and continuity of operations.
• Recommend, install and maintain configuration control of network servers. Provide system backup and recovery services in accordance with documented backup guidelines, including development of the system backup and recovery plan. Backup and recovery services include the support of SSP Enterprise contingency planning.
• Maintain media library and inventory. Perform offsite media rotation according to government provided schedule.
• Manage network servers and the following core service applications: Active Directory, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), File and Print, Backup and Recovery, Application Servers (VMware, Exchange, IIS, SQL, SharePoint), and maintain maintenance/change logs for all servers.
• Bachelors degree (BA/S) is required.
• 2-5 years of experience.
• CompTia Security + and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Government approved equivalents.
• Ability to obtain the required certifications within the first 6 months of employment
• Must be well organized, an effective communicator at multiple levels and able to grasp system concepts and communicate their applications.
• Must be capable of quickly learning new systems and associated software applications for proficient execution of tasks.
• Must be capable of managing multiple tasks with time related constraints in a fast paced environment.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the TOP SECRET level. US Citizenship is a requirement for TOP SECRET clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UICÆs Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. Applicants may be subject to a random drug screen, and must follow UICÆs Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
All candidates must at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicantÆs resume/application may be subject to verification.
JOB LINK: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=19948