We are recruiting for a consultant-minded technologist who is comfortable with driving change for a full-time opportunity in Houston, TX. These adaptable individuals must be solid problem solvers, with proven ability to operate and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, all the while meeting our meet high-quality standards. Having a demonstrated desire to learn and develop professionally are crucial ingredients to this role.
The Team Lead is part of a development team building, implementing and supporting enterprise grade software systems. The Team Lead is involved all phases of the Application Lifecycle, from design or software package selection to delivery. The Team Lead has skills and experience in application development, with the ability to troubleshoot system issues and look for ways to improve software systems by managing complexity, driving results and collaborating with others
ALL WHO APPLY MUST be able to interview IN PERSON within 24 hour notice being in Houston at their own expense.
DB: SQL Server is required – Postgres, DB2 nice to have
Language: C# or appetite to learn
Ability to Learn and Customize Packaged Solutions
Strong comprehension of SDLC
Strong comprehension of Visual Studio, TFS, and TFS agile planning tools
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
Certifications specific to Application Development and Agile areas of focus are a strong advantage.
- Accountable for owning a feature or small project
- Gathers and verifies information, requirements and specification to design and develop solutions for enterprise applications
- Competent in programming and debugging across multiple features and dealing with external dependencies. Writes high quality code with business domain in mind
- Develops according to specific requirements with awareness of performance and implements optimizations with direction.
- Advanced knowledge in at least one major domain
- Manages complexity to drive results through collaboration
- Applies general knowledge and experience to solve problems of limited scope or moderate scope.
- Actively shares knowledge within domain. Learns from other internal teams and outside resources
- Suggest process improvements and best practices
- Defines an implementation plan that includes priorities, schedules, dependencies and deliverables
- Mentors co-workers within knowledge domain.
- Responsible for delivering software development lifecycle artifacts as needed
- Works under close supervision
- Other duties as assigned
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
- Application and Release Support
- Research new technologies, tools and platforms to identify opportunities
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education and Experience requirements:
Requires a bachelor's degree with 3-4 years of experience in Computer Science, MIS or in a related area or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Core knowledge of object oriented principles
- Core knowledge of building web-based applications
- Core knowledge of Database programming
- Core knowledge of SOA, Microservice architectures
- Core knowledge of Cloud based platforms
- Core knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Core knowledge of best practices and standard for software development
- Ability to learn and customize out of the box applications to fit business needs.
Soft Skills Experience
- Manages complexity in order to effectively find solutions and solves problems
- Drives results by consistently achieving completion and closure of tasks, even the face of obstacles and setbacks.
- Adaptive personality and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- A problem solving attitude that can adapt to varying timelines
- A strong attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to Influence a small group of peers
Benefits are offered for this position!
Find out why now is a great time to join the iSphere Team of Consultants! Be Seen First With iSphere!