Network (IT), cable, fiber, construction and mechanically capable individual to learn and perform work on our central and remote locations including our headend (HE), Data 102 (Co-Lo office), 555 Hathaway (Main office), Lehman (Central office), and multiple nodes to run complementary to the current network admin.
- Use of Microsoft s Visio, AutoCAD or similar to create documentation of existing and future systems.
- This position requires a hands-on approach with abilities to adapt to a small business environment where different job functions are commonplace and include, IT management, video system additions/repair (including partners and RF aspects), HVAC, UPS, PDU and both AC and DC power and other things that come up.
- Server/Network Administration capable with an aptitude and desire to learn where required.
- OSPF, some Layer 2, more layer 3 management with regards to design & improvement based on customer or engineering requirements.
- Purposefully seek out deficiencies, review with management, propose streamlined solution(s), including advising on recommend hard/soft/firm-ware and ability to construct items within aforementioned areas.
- Comfortable operating in layer 1 for fiber and RG6 as well as cat5/6 and able to rack and stack and complete wiring on physical installations.
- Assist in managing the core network with layer 2 and Layer 3 networking.
- Able to actively participate in scalable strategic system directions, design/re-design, planning, and change orders.
- Must possess own general hand tools IE screwdriver, flush cutters, battery-powered drill, ECT.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Possess a valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Read and understand/create associated documents I.E. - blueprints, floor plans, synoptic, rack elevations.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work outdoors and perform the physical aspects of the position.
- Ability to perform efficiently with direct supervision.
- We do operate 24/7/365 so the ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary will sometimes be required.