Provide support for enterprise information system infrastructure technology solutions by installing and troubleshooting desktop hardware and software, telephone equipment, network equipment and cabling, managing spare equipment inventory, and providing direct phone support of internal customers via Virtual Helpdesk line.
You can help achieve this goal if you can:
· Provide on-site support of computing equipment and software, including complex needs and analysis, configuration, and installation.
· Participate in information system infrastructure design and implementation.
· Project as an individual contributor.
· Perform research and repair activity, including vendor coordination to ensure computer services for supported locations.
· Test applications and equipment with minimal supervision.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
· High school diploma or GED required.
· 2+ years of experience in the following area(s): Microsoft products, to include Windows OS and Office suites, desktop hardware, and customer service required.
· 2+ years of experience TCP/IP networking (DHCP, Gateway, Firewall, and IP tools such as ipconfig, tracert, and ping) required.
· Ability to successfully complete the TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Card) process required.
The most competitive candidates will have:
· Bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree - Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field preferred.
Experience with Dell Computers and Cisco phone systems is a big plus
Oil and Gas experience would be great but not required.
This person will be providing support (both desktop and phone) to the refinery personnel in Corpus Christi.
It will involve customer interactions, ticket systems, etc.
This person will also participate in upgrades of systems has needed.
This position is on-site at the refinery. They will have to wear safety gear while on the job.