The University of Virginia Information Technology Services Department (ITS) is currently seeking a IT User Support Technician, Senior with a focus on Office 365 Transition Support. This role assists Faculty, Staff and Students moving data (email and files) from the Google Suite environment to Office 365 during a multi-year transition process and provides technical support to the University community for centrally-provided IT services.
ITS at UVA is a phenomenal place to lead, grow, and deliver impact. It's an organization that values results and teamwork. We like the people we work with and the work we get to do. We strive to create a welcoming and supportive workplace where everyone feels empowered to be their authentic selves and share ideas. We embrace a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. ITS values work-life balance and provides flexible work location options where possible. Please see additional information about joining our team
Individuals on the team receive incoming requests for assistance with moving data and processes from GSuite to Office 365 from customers and service users with varying degrees of technical competence, then, assess the request and respond with best practices for transitioning. The role will use appointment-based scheduling to use remote technology to configure clients and begin data transition processes, provide basic instruction on migrating and assist users to start their migration process as well as act as a resource if trouble is encountered during the migration process.
The position will also perform advanced troubleshooting, data gathering, and apply technical knowledge for resolution of escalated technical support issues. The position actively participates in several Office 365-related technology implementation teams, makes recommendations for product and process improvement, and creates service support knowledge/documentation for internal and external use.Duties include:
- Primary: Deliver advanced level (Tier 2) support with a specific focus on assessing options and assisting users with moving their email and files from Google products to Office 365.
- Secondary: Deliver limited support of centrally provided IT Services via email, telephone, zoom, and occasionally in-person.
- Identify recurring issues and appropriate workarounds, and document use cases and repeatable solution steps and best practices for other support team members.
- A High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 5 years of related work experience
- Ability to provide advanced level IT support to end users for a broad array of IT services, and to communicate at the appropriate technical level for the service user.
- Ability to follow technical instructions for use of supported technologies and processes.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Person.
- Demonstrated understanding of both G Suite and Office 365 core technologies (email, calendar, File Sharing, Teams, Google Drive, OneDrive, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience assisting users moving data between two or more cloud application/cloud drive services.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Five or more years of experience in customer service, IT support, or related field.
- Experience contributing to technology project or IT service management teams.
- Experience working with IT Service Management best practices (ie: ITIL®-based Incident, Problem, Change, Request and Fulfillment, and Release practices)
Anticipated Hiring Range: $65,000 to $75,000. Benefits Include
: The choice between 3 different health plans; retirement plans; vision and dental insurance; life insurance; benefits savings accounts; starting with 22 days of paid time off a year in addition to 12 or more paid holidays; 8 weeks of paid parental leave; short term disability; up to $4,360 after your first year for combined use of tuition toward a degree-seeking program or up to $2,000 for professional development including classes, certification training and conferences; and more!
The selected applicant will be required to complete a background check prior to their first day of employment per university policy.
** This is an 18 month term limited position, continuation is dependent on funding and satisfactory performance **TO APPLY
Complete an application online and attach:
1. Cover letter to include your interest in the position and your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experiences
2. Resume or CV
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search "Find Jobs", and search for "R0036097"
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board: https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and search for "R0036097"
***Please note that you MUST upload ALL documents into the CV/Resume box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. ***
For questions about the application process, please contact Rhiannon O'Coin, Senior Academic Recruiter,
For more information about UVA and the Charlottesville community please see www.virginia.edu/life/charlottesville and https://embarkcva.com/ COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check at time of offer per University Policy.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physicians Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.