Title: IT Windows Systems Administrator
Status: Full-Time (Exempt - Salaried)
5Business Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM ET – Monday thru Friday
Location: Pennsauken, NJ
Direct Manager: VP of IT
Please note: Relocation assistance will not be provided.
Forman Mills is a rapidly emerging chain of factory warehouse superstores selling brand name fashions for the family at discount prices of up to 80% below department store prices. Forman Mill's stores are located in highly populated urban and working-class suburban areas, serving the needs of lower to middle income consumers. The Business has grown from a weekend concession in a flea market to a multi-state big box enterprise. While many other retailers are closing, Forman Mills is expanding. The System Administrator Position is based at the Forman Mills Corporate Office is located in Pennsauken, NJ.
The System Administrator position is responsible for organizing, managing and ensuring the successful operation of all AD/Windows systems at Forman Mills. Systems includes but are not limited to; the main AD system used to provide users access at the Forman Mills corporate headquarters, Office 365 products, AWS and windows servers The goal is to create a robust and fault free environment for PC communication in both the wired and Wi-Fi areas.
Along with the stable operation of the Forman Mills systems the position is also responsible for the research and the setting a roadmap for Microsoft technologies. The position will also keep management abreast of project statuses and update their peers with information that affects them in their positions.
The position is also responsible for the performance of all windows servers and user accounts in regards for Sox/PCI. This includes: User reviews, system accounts review and patching.
As a member of the IT team, the System Administrator will participate in group technology discussions, keep management abreast operational issues and be part of a on call rotation.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Ensuring the operational uptime of the Forman Mills AD and all related systems. (Exchange, DHCP, DNS )
- Manage vendor relationships, track licensing inventory, usage and cost accounting of all Forman Mills corporate owned equipment
- Coordinate and maintain patch management schedules
- Assist in writing technical documentation manuals and procedure manuals
- Create and maintain a standardized, highly available servers for all systems locations.
- Providing technical IT expertise to, and assist in, the selection of new hardware and software platforms consistent with the enterprise system architecture principles, policies and standards.
- Maintain Microsoft and industry best practices to ensure infrastructure highly sustainable and reliable platforms.
- Assisting in supporting the system services provided to Forman Mills stores and field employees.
- Development and maintenance of a disaster recovery plan and participation in the Business Continuity Planning efforts
- Manage vendor relationships as necessary
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Participating in the development of business resource training, as necessary
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Applicants must have 3+ years of experience and detailed knowledge, understanding, and experience with Microsoft technologies including, Active Directory, Exchange, Group Policy, desktop deployment, DNS, DHCP, FTP, SMS, WSUS, SMTP, and DFS; along with server virtualization, server hardware, and TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of Endpoint Protection and various antivirus products
- 3+ years of experience interfacing and designing Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL, and or similar technologies.
- 3+ years of experience with operating software in a commercial hosted environment for 3rd party customers (ASP or ISP)
- 3+ years knowledge of systems administration with Microsoft products
- 3+ years knowledge of general network administration
- Awareness of and experience with SDLC (software development life cycle) principles and concepts
- Strong experience with Office 365 (Advanced administration)
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical skills, investigative, organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms across all levels of the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate while maintaining positive relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as working effectively as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and understand prioritization of deliverables
- Able to maneuver and work inside multiple warehouse environments including climate and non-climate controlled areas
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds along with being able to bend, stoop, stand, walk and twist as needed to perform the job
- Typical business hours are 8:30 AM ET to 5:30 PM ET – Monday through Friday
- Weekend support may be required during peak and seasonal times