1-5 years of experience in a Backup Administration role.
1-3 years of experience in a Unix/Linux Administration role
Bachelor's degree(U.S. or foreign equivalent) in information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
- Familiar with Unix/Linux command line operations and server support.
- Understanding of how to troubleshoot basic Unix/Linux problems
- Experience in medium to large IT infrastructure across multiple datacenters
- Good understanding of enterprise level change, incident and problem management process
- Effective communication, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well on a global team
- Ability to work and prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment with a global focus
- Automation utilizing scripting languages like bash, Python and/or Perl
- Demonstrable experience supporting one or both of the following in a large environment: EMC Networker, EMC Data Domain, EMC Avamar
- Tape backup data restore using EMC Networker
- Familiarity with Autosys is a plus
- Familiarity with SRDF and SRDF/A technologies is a plus