Who we are? Impetus is revolutionizing how organizations manage and use data; disrupting the status quo in data management. We are a leading and a big data analytics software products and services organization, specializing in helping fortune 100 companies in their digital transformation journey. We currently seek to add to our talented team of developers, a handful of select individuals who want to work on the cutting- edge technologies in the global IT industry today. At Impetus, we take pride in our employees and magnify their strengths to help them deliver the best – every time. “Live Your Dream Everyday” is what we stand by. We have been recognized by organizations like Forrester and Gartner for our passion for technology and our great work culture.
Role – Big Data Tester
- Big Data Technologies: Hadoop, Hive, Spark & others (Not on development level, but should have idea how things work)
- Linux/ Unix
- Knowledge of various test methods and corresponding tools like JUnit, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, etc.
- Must Have - SQL, Hive, Hadoop, Python
- Knowledge of Java, Spark programming languages
- Experience of working in an AGILE + DevOps delivery environment
- Proven problem-solving skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Understanding of Object-Oriented design principles
- Build test scenarios and acceptance tests for the stories in the Product backlog
- Setup, maintain, and operate test automation frameworks
- Perform test automation on multiple application types – Web, APIs, Hadoop etc.
- Experience in data loading, validation testing, curation and data consumption
- Working knowledge of Hive, Impala and Unix shell scripting
- Utilized SQL during database testing and ability to create reports and write SQL queries
- Build end to end automation for data
- Experienced working with integrations, Jenkins, Git, and Jira
- Investigate customer problems, referred by the Business
- Create and manage defect reports and communicate with the team
- Handle platform/application specific technical communications with Product owner, team members and stakeholders
- Work with developers and the Business team in resolving application
- Work in an innovation driven environment to solve real tech problems in Big Data, AI, Cloud and IOT
- Work with thought leaders that include published authors, industry conference speakers and open source contributors
- A culture of empowerment where you have the opportunity to be mentored by leading tech gurus
- A culture of lifelong learning that includes trainings, certifications, tech talks and tech connect
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage
- Paid time off including holidays and vacation
- Have fun while you work in a diverse environment
- Participate in summits, hackathons and “techfest” events; collaborate and learn from peers.
At Impetus we are committed to diversity and support an inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer.
If this is not the job for you, share the link to a friend who will be interested