Examines data files, processes, forms, reports and operational needs of customers and completes data mapping and transaction workflow documents as the basis of the conversion to system. Validates the accuracy of all data and transactions. Determines customer specific processing parameters and completes system set up for client use. Trains clients on the use of FIS systems and provides support during conversion.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops understanding of and defines client products and services through information gathering sessions to determine how systems must be established to meet client needs.
* Completes product workflow documents summarizing all processing requirements and determines key challenges in converting customer to systems.
* Through data analysis, product mapping and interviews, gathers forms and data files from customer and assesses requirements for software utilization and discusses any software customization requirements with programming team.
* Creates data maps and transaction workflow documents showing exactly how every field of information will be converted. The data mapping forms the technical specification for the conversion and, in some cases, may generate code. Shares data maps with programmers, clients, and others as appropriate to ensure successful conversion. Refines mapping through iterative validation.
* As part of the conversion process, tests customized software against customer specific needs, shares with customer reports and application specific data that reflects how conversion data will be processed. Reviews conversion results (reports, balancing, data load, software changes) with client to refine and confirm requirements. Obtains formal customer acceptance of results.
* Examines clients processes, forms and reports, determines operational needs, and documents what the software will do and all related processes, forms, reports, etc. to be used after conversion is complete.
* May develop new procedures with client to ensure software is used appropriately.
* Carefully examines data and reports to make sure conversion is proceeding correctly, runs test scripts with various data to see how new or customized transactions process through the software and verifies and validates accuracy of data through the generation of a variety of reports. Validation may include completion of prior system to balancing.
* Coordinates and conducts readiness review. This includes directing the customer in the preparation and execution of test scripts to verify accuracy of data, training and procedures, system set-up and reports. The readiness review process ensures the customer training and procedures, the system, and the conversion data are correct and ready for actual conversion.
* Customizes FIS software through the use of authoring tools to meet individual customer needs - modifies screens and data fields, creates new forms, screens, product sets, tables, etc.
* Throughout the project, provides expertise to answer questions and guide the client in the use of the system.
* Conducts train the trainer sessions to instruct and train internal customers (employees) or external customers on changes, new systems or new procedures.
* Acts as an on-site resource during conversion and answers questions, troubleshoots problems as they occur, supports implementation of new procedures, conducts last minute training if necessary and provides support during conversion week. Reviews the conversion results (reports, balancing of systems, balancing system conversion to associated General Ledger accounts, errors) with the customer and obtains client sign-off. Coordinates and directs the completion of post-conversion maintenance potentially including error resolution, system or data changes, and balancing adjustments.
* Other related duties are assigned as needed.
Bachelors Degree in Business or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
* Requires advanced working knowledge of systems as well as the industries in which competes for business
* Ability to understand, apply and explain concepts
* Ability to handle project commensurate with job expectations
* Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
* Requires human relations, negotiation and documentation skills
* Requires high attention to detail
* Positions involving data mapping require strong analytical and technical skills
* Ability to translate client requirements to technical specifications and communicate to technical staff
* Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
* Flexibility, versatility, dependability
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or