The primary purpose of the Incident Manager role is to ensure that priority one incidents are managed effectively and professionally, resulting in the restoration of normal service quickly, efficiently and with minimal impact to customer service. The Production Assurance Lead will coordinate resources and activities during outages and customer affecting events through restoration of service. This position will own the event and its resolution. They will be expected to work with their immediate teams and stakeholders to close gaps and ultimately drive down the number and frequency of incidents and improve service recovery times. They will be expected to drive strategy, standardization and consistent execution of all Production Assurance disciplines (Incident, Problem, Change, Global Delivery Solutions, Reporting & Metrics, and Service Assurance)
• Facilitate Service Restoration - Provides management and oversight of service restoration processes across multiple business and operational functions to actively govern the performance of product support efforts.
• Lead Technical Bridge Calls - Lead Technical Bridges during Severity One Incidents
• S1 Incident Engagement - Engage in all client impacting Severity One Incidents
• RCA Investigations - Be responsible for conducting all Severity One and Severity Two Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Investigations
• Develops and maintains the Incident Management process including documenting process and procedures in accordance with ITIL standards.
• Provide oversight and management to synthesize/bring synergy to multiple initiatives by establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently, adjusting priorities, establishing management routines to effectively track progress and identify issues; removing barriers and leveraging resources.
• Interfaces with other teams and customers, as well as vendors, on an as needed basis to discuss incident assessment and facilitate the coordination of resources to resolve service disruptions.
• Assist Product Support Managers and Team Leads with the orchestration and deployment of resources (e.g., people, infrastructure, financial, informational) from all associated teams in order to ensure successful service restoration.
• Establishes goals and builds roadmaps and plans to achieve targeted results.
• Liaises with Service Level Management to ensure all Incidents are resolved within established SLA timelines, and established service improvement plans for any under-performance.
• Provides input to Problem Management for the analysis of Incident data and identification of trends. Works with problem managers to build service improvement plans to rectify poor performance.
• Monitors the effectiveness of the Incident Management process and works with other teams to ensure continuous strategic improvements.
1. 10+ years of related technical and business experience preferred
2. Demonstrated experience as an incident manager
3. Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
4. 3+ years of ITIL process experience (Event, Incident, Change, Problem, etc.)
5. 5+ years of experience in an IT Operations or Infrastructure support role (Service Desk, Major Incident Management, NOC, etc.)
6. 10+ experience in a technical discipline including but not limited to server, network, distributed and mainframe environments.
7. Will be required to be part of regular weekend on-call rotation (frequency varies based on staffing and/or business needs)
8. Must be reliable and dependable; flexible to changing shifts to ensure proper staff coverage during planned and unplanned absences or special business processing times such as Quarter End/Year End
9. Other on-call responsibilities as needed
10. Ability to multi-task and prioritize issues
11. Ability to work in dynamic and high pressure situations
12. Ability to follow implicit instructions when needed but also use experience/working knowledge to "think outside the box" when solving issues; ability to apply creative problem solving skills
13. Strong leadership skills; ability to work largely unsupervised and see tasks through to completion without regular follow-up
14. Excellent verbal/written communication skills; ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of management
15. Solid presentation skills (verbal and written); intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
16. Solid teamwork & collaboration skills
17. Solid Customer facing skills
18. Positive, can-do attitude
19. Initiative to continually identify opportunities for improvement or add additional business value
A. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or applicable certifications.
B. License & Certification ITIL Foundation (v3) certified preferred
C. ITIL Service Operations certified preferred
NO THIRD PARTIES, NO SUB-CONTRACTORS, NO CORP to CORP
Data Resource Technologies Inc. is an Information Technology Staffing Firm serving the markets of the United States of America; the greatest country in the world. We work with Direct Clients Only and do not participate in multi layer contracts. Earn The Most Possible and put over 60 years of Information Technology Industry experience to work for you today, Call or Apply NOW!!!
12020 Shamrock Plaza, Suite 200 Omaha, NE, 68154Contact