Title: Sr. Incident Responder
Location: Washington DC, Fairmont WVA
Clearance: Top Secret TS/SCI
*Must hold Interim Top Secret Clearance to Apply*
- Respond to cyber incidents, including responding to IR phone calls and emails, and preparing situational awareness reports for DOC, its bureaus, and/or DOC management
- Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by SOC analysts
- Investigate phishing and self-identified potential cyber threats (phishing emails sent to the CIRT)
- Work with DOC users to analyze, triage, contain, and remediate security incidents
- Track incident managements thoroughly and communicate with end users and senior CIO officials effectively
- Participate regularly in SOC working group sessions, to include idea generation for new content rules for security alerting and reduction of false positives. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies
- Follow documented procedures yet have an eye towards process improvement/effectivity
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
- Able to articulate the incident response lifecycle
- Manages and responds to computer security incidents that involve enterprise systems and data including personally identifiable information (PII) breaches
- Detect, collect and report cybersecurity incidents
- Experience detecting and remediate malicious codes
- Helps improve the overall security posture by independently verifying the security of enterprise systems, and to ensure the timely dissemination of security information to the appropriate stakeholders
- Analyze firewall logs, Full Packet Capture (PCAP), IDS alerts, Anti-malware alerts, Host Intrusion Prevent System (HIPS), and server and application logs to investigate events and incidents for anomalous activity and produce reports of findings
- Conduct reviews and analysis of proxy logs, Microsoft Windows and Active Directory logs, Orchestrator logs, and malicious code to identify, contain, eradicate, and ensure recovery from incidents
Features of the candidate/job:
- Inquisitive, problem-solving oriented
- Not 24x7 shifts, but it does cover 7am-7pm between DC and WV locations. On-call rotation for SOC escalation as needed for night/weekends (coordinated with manager each month for the on-call schedule)
- Mid IR (Tier II): 4-7 years of SOC/IR experience
- Sr IR (Tier III): 8+ years of SOC/IR experience
- Solid understanding of cyber landscape + typical threat vectors
- Experience with multiple types of attack types and attack vectors
- Ability to perform deep dive investigations from start to finish of a security incident using data from both host based and network based devices.
- Ability to forensically investigate both Windows and Linux devices for compromise.
- Ability to analyze malicious files through code analysis/reverse engineering.
- Ability to perform introspection of incident for after action reports to both technical and non-technical staff
- Up to date understanding of threat vectors, attacker methodology and how they tie into the cyber kill chain or ATT&CK framework.
Specialized Skill Areas:
- Digital Forensics
- SIEM Exposure
- Incident response triage
- Malware reverse engineering
- Threat hunting
Must have at least one of the following certification:
- The the ==== portion: Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Minimum fully adjudicated Secret and Interim Top Secret clearance