Wouldn't you like to work for a rapidly growing, award-winning, successful technology consulting firm? A company with 37% growth over the past 2 years, ranked 2nd best company to work for in all Chicago, and a pioneering outlook on consulting. Think you're ready to take your career to the next level?
We’re looking to hire an experienced Incident Commander (Manager-Sr. Manager) to direct and manage multiple work streams and resources during/after Incident Response & Recovery engagements. You will be tasked with the coordination and project management of forensic imaging and analysis, breach containment, and infrastructure recovery planning and execution, performed by an IR consulting team you’ll oversee onsite at our clients.
This role will often interface with multiple groups, including external parties (law firms, insurance brokers, underwriters, media, public relations, etc.), company resources, and client resources (C-Suite, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Security, Cybersecurity, Auditing, Operations, IT, Call Centers, Marketing, Investor Relations, Communications, Public Relations).
Additionally, the Incident Commander will collaborate with Cybersecurity practice leaders to set the direction of our offerings, establish ongoing relationships with third parties and clients, and work closely with stakeholders to understand business objectives and advise on security risks / mitigation strategies during incident response work.
- Lead incident response teams and activities during security incidents (I.e. data breaches, ransomware events)
- Conduct initial incident triage, assess the effectiveness of various tactics/strategies, and make rapid decisions on appropriate courses of action
- Review and recommend technical, process, and physical controls to counteract damage from breach events
- Translate business and technical requirements into concrete projects proposals including detailed work plans and cost estimates to assist in sales efforts and develop client relationships and opportunities
- Lead forensic investigators and application security analysts in reactive and proactive Threat Hunting engagements, performing endpoint, network, and log analysis
- Mentor and grow junior resources to develop additional forensic, response, and threat hunting capabilities
- Promote thought leadership in emerging forensic and investigation technologies; including partnerships, go-to-market offerings, speaking events, and blog posts/whitepapers
- Must have 6-11+ years of experience within the cybersecurity, incident response, and/or IT risk management arena
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, MIS, or related degree – preferred, not required
- CISSP, CISM, or equivalent cybersecurity certifications – desired, not required; PMP – desired, not required
- Leadership experience and confident with incident response management, I.e. technical recovery, legal or compliance notifications, incident response plan development, forensic investigation, and tabletop testing
- Advisory experience in compliance or regulatory frameworks (I.e. HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, NIST, ISO)
- Basic understanding of application, database, authentication, and network security principles
- Ability to convey complex technical security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences during crisis situations, I.e. executive or board level presentations
- Ability to work with senior business leaders to understand business objectives, identify risk factors, and communicate effective mitigation strategies
- Bonus experience: previously worked with Law Enforcement, Forensic / Incident Response Firms, Cyber Insurance providers, Breach Coaches and/or Law Firms
- Excellent organizational, verbal, presentation/facilitation, and written communication skills
- 100% remote currently, but willingness to travel for out of town client engagements in the future. (40-50% travel)