New York, NY (New York)
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com . General Profile:
The Incident Response Coordinator is a key function of the Computer Security Incident Management Team (CSIM) reporting to the CSIM Manager. The CSIM Coordinator will utilize their background in regulatory and governance frameworks, technology, and incident response procedures to act as a subject matter expert in Cybersecurity Incident Response, and manage and coordinate cross-functional response actions for cyber incidents with minimal guidance. The individual will be adept in incident and crisis management, able to assert authority and calm in stressful situations, and leverage established and ad-hoc processes in response to guide response efforts in alignment with industry best practices, regulatory compliance, and legal obligations.Job Description:
- Works closely with various technical and operational leadership and staff to execute processes within an effective and maturing Incident Response program
- Performs incident analysis to identify and classify cyber security incidents with minimal guidance and oversight
- Responds to computer security incidents according to established response processes, leverages other team members and subject matter expertise where established processes do not exist
- Acts as a subject matter expert regarding incident coordination and management
- Assists and provides guidance to other stakeholders during the incident response process
- Provides timely and relevant updates to appropriate stakeholders and key decision makers using established formats and timelines
- Validates and provides input for incident response plans and processes
- Analyzes potential impact of new threats and communicates risks via appropriate channels
- Basic understanding (2+ years of direct experience) of financial regulatory issues with respect to cyber security and privacy laws.
- An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
- CISM and CISSP strongly preferred
- Problem Solving:
- Ability to consume and synthesize intelligence about threat actors, techniques, and situations to identify emerging risk scenarios in the context of New York Life.
- Knowledge of and personal experience (5+ years) in end-to-end IT problem management and root cause analysis in an operational capacity in large enterprise environments.
- Decision Making/ Nature of Impact:
- In depth understanding of large enterprise IT Service and Delivery Management model, and an ability to perform independent analysis of complex problems by distilling relevant findings and root causes.
- Must be comfortable making decisions in a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous environment where competing priorities are common.
- Communication Requirements:
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and situations to diverse audiences both orally and in writing in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
- Must be able to present a commanding presence as a subject matter expert during crisis situations to manage conversation flow regarding cyber incidents.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, computer science, or related discipline. SF: LI-CC1
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.