Perform reporting and analysis on incidents and events within the data protection environment including, but not limited to, incidents from Symantec DLP. This position is responsible for coordinating efforts with DLP engineering and escalations for cyber and privacy investigations. This position will provide incident and policy analysis for existing controls and help drive expansion for greater data visibility and loss prevention technologies in the information security environment. The Security Engineer is expected to work independently with internal associates and management on information security issues and reporting. In addition, the candidate should have a firm grasp on data loss protection concepts and incident analysis and be able to relay findings as needed.
• Remediate DLP incidents and perform analysis of activity
• Aid in policy tuning and provide relevant feedback to engineering
• Discover patterns or trends of user activity to enhance monitoring
• Ability to assess the environment, highlight gaps, and provide potential solutions to the appropriate audience
• Be able to work collaboratively with team members as it relates to brainstorming, meetings, and devising new concepts for implementation.
• Fundamental knowledge of manipulating and reporting data for automation purposes
• Ability to analyze data and provide intelligent summarizations
• A solid understanding of Risk and Security controls and mechanisms
• Experience with large scale global security applications - preferred
• A solid understanding of Network and Endpoint Systems Scanning is a plus
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in presenting information to groups, both technical and non-technical
• Candidate must be highly ethical and act honorably, honestly, responsibly, and legally.
• Candidate must be able to weigh business needs against security concerns and articulate issues to associates and management.
• Candidate must have strong analytical, technical, and problem solving skills.
• Candidate must have strong technical writing skills in order to convey information concisely and effectively.
• Candidate must be able to manage time and priorities with multiple tasks/projects, and be able to prioritize when impromptu tasks arise
• Candidate must demonstrate leadership qualities and skills, including independent decision-making abilities.
• Candidate must be able to work with other engineers and departments in a positive, goal-directed manner
5+ yrs of related IT experience, preferably in a security related field such as an incident response team.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and appropriate certifications
NO THIRD PARTIES, NO SUB-CONTRACTORS, NO CORP to CORP
Data Resource Technologies Inc. is an Information Technology Staffing Firm serving the markets of the United States of America; the greatest country in the world. We work with Direct Clients Only and do not participate in multi layer contracts. Earn The Most Possible and put over 60 years of Information Technology Industry experience to work for you today, Call or Apply NOW!!!
12020 Shamrock Plaza, Suite 200 Omaha, NE, 68154Contact