Individual Life Underwriter
Underwrites individual life insurance contracts ranging in amounts through $5,000,000. Selects individual life insurance risks, binding the Knights of Columbus on each contract. Assists in training underwriting staff. Acts as a Floating Underwriter, assisting in individual underwriters' queues based on needs of the department and reviewing medical records for underwriters who are out of the office in lieu of sending to outside consultant.
- Appraises, classifies and takes action to approve or decline applications for new insurance, changes of plan, conversions, exchanges, reinstatements and additions of benefits. Determines extra premiums for medical impairments and special hazards such as aviation, occupation, foreign residence and travel and unusual avocations. Classifies each insurance applicant to eliminate adverse selection while maintaining an equitable mortality.
- Assists in training underwriting staff; coaches, provides feedback, counsels and motivates employees. Makes recommendations on hiring, performance appraisals and all related employment issues.
- On referrals, reviews cases of other Underwriters for accuracy and adherence to underwriting standards as needed. Reviews Client's for underwriters who are out of the office.
- Communicates with field force and Home Office personnel regarding insurance applications and adjustments. Answers routine inquiries from other departments and field force concerning the Order's underwriting policies, practices and procedures related to individual applications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience: 8-10 years of related underwriting experience.
- Education: BS or BA degree.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and health metrics and physiology to make a risk assessment.
- Able to interpret EKG results.
- Individual life insurance, term and UL.
- Knowledge of federal and state insurance regulations.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Capable of making informed, independent decisions.
- Ingenium, Life 70, AWD experience is a plus, nice to have.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
For more information please contact Janice DiCicco at 860-979-0912.
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.