Chances are you’ve never heard of Inductive Automation before today–and that’s okay! But here’s the funny thing: you’re more than likely surrounded by items that our software played an integral role in producing. We’re one of the fastest-growing industrial automation software companies in the world. It’s our mission to create software that swiftly removes obstacles so that our customers can turn their insanely-awesome ideas into reality.
Come help develop the future of software used in industrial automation. In this position, you would join our core product development team. Together, we work to build our primary product, Ignition.
This position is focused on implementing and maintaining network protocols for communicating with industrial controllers (PLCs, RTUs, etc…) as well as the system responsible for bridging data from those implementations into the Ignition platform. Responsibilities include new feature and protocol development as well as the maintenance and enhancement of existing functionality.
- Work with software engineering team to help guide direction and design of
- future releases
- Implement new features and changes with an eye for security, reliability, and
- Help maintain software by fixing issues identified by support and QA teams
- Perform complex and precise troubleshooting to pinpoint root causes for
- reported issues
- Participate in agile development process (SCRUM)
- Perform code reviews to help verify changes made by other developers
- Follow Java and object-oriented design industry best practices
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience
- Strong Java 8 skills
- Experience writing server and networking code
- Experience writing highly concurrent multithreaded code
- Modern toolchain and source control familiarity, e.g. Maven/Gradle and Git/Hg
- Must have previous experience with OPC UA (OPC Classic) and/or industrial automation protocols
- Experience with industrial automation fieldbuses or protocols such as Modbus, EtherNet/IP, Omron FINS, Siemens S7, Emerson/Fisher ROC, ABB Totalflow (DB/DB2), etc
- Experience with PLCs and/or PLC programming
- Any other relevant experience in industrial automation