Kforce has a client in search of a Nagios Engineer in Charlotte, North Carolina (NC).
* Develops specifications for extremely complex computer network security/protection technologies for company information and network systems/applications
* Develops security solutions for the company's networks and virtual private networks, application systems, key public infrastructures, authentication and directory services to ensure the security of the network and confidential data
* Identifies emergent vulnerabilities, evaluates associated risks and threats, and designs network vulnerability scans to identify security vulnerabilities and provides remediation alternatives to the customer
* Serves as technical lead responsible for specific areas of computer security incident response activities to include intrusion detection monitoring, scanning, cyber threat reporting, and development/implementation of vulnerability mitigation strategies
* Leads security risk assessments to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and adherence to best practices
* Leads the evaluation of vendor proposals, new and existing security designs, and emerging security technologies and systems; Serves as a high-level technical security resource on large-scale network and/or systems/applications issues
* May direct or serve as a mentor to less experienced staff
* 7+ years of experience in security applications and systems
* Experience setting up or operating a Nagios System
* To be considered for this position, candidates must have experience in a similar role or they must possess significant knowledge, experience, and abilities to successfully perform the responsibilities listed
Start your career off on the right foot with one of 'America's Top 500 Companies', as awarded by Forbes. Our client is known as a place where people feel included, valued, supported and respected. Innovative thinking and industry-leading technology allow their associates to thrive and grow in their careers. And with a priority placed on their culture and company principles, their commitment to diversity, ethics and the communities in which they operate is their driving force.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.