Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Plans at an operational level and manages the effective use of resources. Leads assigned staff to implement and/or maintain systems and/or assigned project(s). Narrow to moderate scope of responsibility as defined by such things as span of control, # of systems/projects, and/or complexity of systems/projects. Works closely with key stakeholders to ensure timely completion of deliverables. Provides conceptual understanding and technical direction of projects and system support. Provides talent management to team members. This job is a Manager: Responsible for setting work objectives and goals for employees and managing their performance. Typically involved in compensation decisions. Employees have a formal reporting relationship to this job. This job works under General Direction: Establishes procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives in a broad area of work. Generally final results are reviewed. (Typically applies to a manager or expert/top level professional.)
The eBusiness organization is looking to add an Information Systems Manager to their growing team. eBusiness is focused on delivering digital capabilities on behalf of Travelers to the market. As a member of the eBusiness technology, following SAFe agile practices, this individual will fulfil the role of Scrum Master to a lead medium size development effort for employees who support our Sales and Service organizations.
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 6 years of technology or business related experience preferred. 1 year of experience managing others preferred.
- Technical Knowledge: Uses this understanding of the business and systems environment to develop appropriate and timely solutions to daily issues. Has conceptual knowledge of varying technologies and the ability to make decisions based on that knowledge. Has thorough understanding of staff responsibilities, abilities and development needs.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership: Creates an atmosphere where business partner's issues are dealt with professionally, and in a timely manner. Suggests solutions that make sense and improve the performance of the assigned systems. Ensures customer's perspective is understood to optimize system(s) support of the business goals. Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience. Recognizes the importance of superior quality in providing a competitive edge. Ensures that reports are precise, timely and accurate.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further manipulated. Once decisions are made, is able to follow the management plan and direct activities to obtain intended results. Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions. Takes input from several sources, decides if all the information needed is available and moves to a decision. Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved.
- Team Orientation: Maintains effective partnerships across the organization and is able to influence senior management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interest.
- Leadership: Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions. Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures. Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.
- Planning and Project Management: Identifies those unit tasks that are most important and maintains a clear sense of priorities and the larger picture. Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources. Is able to influence management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge.
- Financial Awareness: Has budget responsibility. Develops a portion of an overall divisional budget subject to review and is responsible for expense control for the units assigned. Demonstrates sound cost-effectiveness. Failure to achieve objectives can result in delays or inefficiencies requiring the readjustment of resources and/or staff. Responsible for important and confidential information.
- Human Resource Management: Demonstrates good interpersonal skills by displaying an understanding of the needs and perspective of others. Able to balance the workload of team members and supervise individuals of varying abilities. Able to identify the talents of others and match them to the tasks that will best suit the unit goals and/or provide growth for the individual. Able to assess and identify employee development and put together a training plan for the individual. Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of staff performance evaluations and development planning. Recruits and retains effective staff members. Demonstrates a capacity to recognize, value and respect differences across a diverse work force.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of technology or business related experience required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.