Title: Python Developer
Location: Jersey City, NJ/ NYC/ DE
Duration: 12+ Months
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as ‘Agile’ frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world
- This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- 8+ years of experience as a Python developer or 8+ years of experience in OOP (Java/C#/C++) with some Python experience.
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages/libraries/tools (Java/J2EE, Spring, Mock, XML, JSON, FIX, RESTful)
- Proficiency in Data Structures, multi-threading.
- Hands on experience designing efficient algorithms using OOP Design concepts.
- Hands on experience writing unit tests with good coverage.
- Good understanding of batch processing and multithreading.
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Fast learner with strong analytical and development skills, adaptability to work on different technology platforms for troubleshooting.
- Perform hands on coding and code peer review to guarantee stability of applications, adhere to architecture standards, risk management, security policies, processes and procedures.
- Strong communication skills with shareholders and peers.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of trade life cycle and experience with booking and settlement systems desirable.