About the Team
It's an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart! We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Our IT team
has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
Whether it's online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart's success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are. About the Location
This position is considered to be Fully Remote and work is done from another location outside of Phoenix Home Office (within the United States). Associates that are considered to be Fully Remote do not have a work space at Phoenix Home Office and can expect to be asked to travel to Phoenix Home Office several times a year [or more], based on business needs and in partnership with leadership. Associates that are considered to be Fully Remote will acknowledge the "Remote Work Agreement" upon hire. About the JobInformatica Platform Ops Engineer: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in operational readiness sessions to rank and sign off on incoming projects and programs; Influences key design decisions that will impact the environment
- In the admin capacity, proactively maintains Informatica and B2B Platforms for currency by executing and coordinating upgrades or migrations
- Helps transition from current ETL platform to Big data ELT landscape
- Works with Information Architecture, Enterprise Architecture (EA) and business area teams to review requirements, detailed technical design and specification documents to identify system dependencies and risks.
- Provide platform and tooling support for the Big data environment
- Develop talent of internal staff and contractors by providing technical guidance and emphasizing application of PetSmart's best practices and standards; document and rally best practices across the support and development community
- Works closely with the support team and institutes processes to improve productivity in the areas of Incident resolution and problem redressal
- Defines the tooling strategy for automated code reviews, CI/CD process
- Support the management of the Informatica platform to include tech uplift, resolving difficult, complex problems that can affect the company as a whole.
- Define, implement and monitor platform KPIs
- Identifies, recommends and champions the automation of the routine tasks to drive efficiency and productivity of the team
- Drives root cause analysis for problems, estimate efforts and contributes in the development of long term solutions
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or other technical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience with Informatica administration; Expertise in performance tuning and Informatica development
- Experience working on Informatica Power Center Technical Upgrades, Installation of Hotfixes and Platform Version Migrations
- Experience/Good understanding of Enterprise Data Catalog, IICS
- Good knowledge of Hadoop framework and HDFS
- Hands on experience in Import/Export of data using Hadoop Data Management tool SQOOP
- Integration for Reporting and Analytic Solution architectures, integration patterns and best practices.
- Ability to lead project teams consisting of internal staff, partners, and contractors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, multi-tasking, troubleshooting skills with a high degree of flexibility.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) / Agile development.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand key business processes and related issues.
- Strong self-leadership and ability to work independently and manage conflict.
- Demonstrated experience in SQL scripting ((Netezza, SQL Server and Oracle preferred)
- Knowledge of Bigdata technologies: Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, Flume, Sqoop, Hbase, Kafka, Google Cloud Platform
About the Culture
- Cloud Architecture, Engineering, DevOps, and/or Security certifications
- Knowledge of multiple development and scripting languages and DevOps tools
- Direct experience migrating, refactoring, and re-engineering complex enterprise applications from legacy platforms to public cloud
- Container experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms
- API experience with Apigee or other API exposure platforms
At PetSmart, we work hard to create a culture where every associate feels like they truly belong
and we celebrate the unique stories, backgrounds, and experiences our associates share. These experiences not only bring new perspectives in shaping our Belonging culture but they're core to PetSmart's success.
Not sure if you meet 100% of the position requirements and whether you should apply? We'd still like to hear from you and encourage you to apply with us! You just may be the ideal candidate for this role, and if not this one, perhaps another position.
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- On-site Dog Park
- "Top Dog" gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- "Sit & Stay" Caf serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- On-site coffee bar
- "Lil' Paws" learning center and onsite daycare facility (associate paid)
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: ;/a>
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: ;/a>
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: ;/a>
- If you don't already live in the Phoenix area here's a guide to the area: Welcome to Phoenix Guide