Description Job Description:
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation has immediate openings for Informatics Specialists / Technical Project Coordinators, contingent upon contract award, to support our CDC customers.Job Description
The Informatics Specialist would work with state and local public health departments to leverage Electronic Case Reporting (eCR) for infectious diseases. eCR refers to the automated real time exchange of case report information between electronic health records installed at healthcare organizations and public health agencies. It moves data quickly, securely, and seamlessly. In order to expand eCR within their jurisdictions, public health agencies will reach out to in-jurisdiction healthcare organizations and request that the organization onboard to eCR. The CDC onboarding team provides support to the healthcare organizations to ensure that the eCR document is transmitted to APHL Integrated Messaging Services (AIMS) and that the healthcare organization receives a reportability response.
During the onboarding process, an Informatics Specialist reviews test data and ensures that the test data meets public health specifications needed to integrate into the surveillance system (e.g. correct mapping of elements, XML schema has no fatal errors, etc). Once an organization goes live, the public health agency requires Informatics Specialist's support in processing the electronic initial case report and reportability response (HL7 CDA documents) into their surveillance systems.
The integrated surveillance systems at public health agencies are varied, and the informatics specialist should have knowledge of the various surveillance systems implemented by different health departments and should have high levels of expertise with pre-processing tools. Technical expertise is specifically needed at the public health agencies to support preprocessing, mapping and matching to ELR and other data using rhapsody, mirth and other integration engines. Informatics specialist should be able to assist with transforming the CDA XML document into a consumable format (stripping OIDS, managing zip files, fulling data elements from both the RR and the eICR). Technical expertise may also be needed to establish and maintain connections with AIMS, either through SFTP or S3 connections. Further, data validation is needed to identify that the message has complete information. In the event that the HCO is sending data that does not meet specifications, the informatics specialist would collaborate with the onboarding team and the PHA to communicate with the HCO and improve the message quality. When a healthcare organization's eICRs meet PHA standards, the healthcare organization can be informed that they can stop manual production of data (end parallel processing). This evaluation of data received by public health departments and data quality analysis reviewPrimary Responsibilities Include
Required Skills And Experience
- Support the onboarding of healthcare organizations in the use of eCR
- Coordinate testing with healthcare organizations and public health jurisdictions to ensure correct data mapping and data quality
- Trouble shoot and track any production issues with incoming data pipeline
- Performs technical and business related research to support client needs, assist in the installation/implementation, development and analysis of materials/processes/systems.
- Works with team in the analysis, formulation, development and delivery of engagement material and results. Plans, develops, and maintains engagement project and program plans.
- Coordinate technical and business resources to ensure prompt problem resolution and implementation success.
- Administers policies and standards that facilitate feature implementation & onboarding of new clients.
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Technical trouble shooting and project coordination experience
- Must be able to effectively interface with healthcare organizations, public health jurisdictions, CDC Subject Matter Experts, public health analysts, data analysts, and other team members.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to research, troubleshoot, and resolve data pipeline testing and production issues
- Ability to effectively manage priorities while supporting multiple concurrent engagement or mini-projects.
- Experience working on a software and/or data centric environments.
- Must be an effective verbal and written communicator, able to work with both technical and business users
- Demonstrated ability to share lessons learned with the boarder team.
- Understanding HL7, CDA, and FHIR
- Basic understanding of system interoperability
- Familiar with SFTP and AWS S3
- Previous experience working at CDC or another federal agencies
Applicants will qualify for the Informatics Specialist position with a Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience) as well as 2+ years of related experience or a Master's Degree (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience) with additional relevant experience. Experience may have been gained before, during or after degree.
Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.External Referral Bonus:
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
Yes, 50%Clearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Business Systems AnalysisPay Range:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.