The Information Security & Infrastructure Manager is responsible for the Information Security and Infrastructure Management for Public Safety IT. It involves the following: network and server support, service management, incident management, outage reporting, configuration management, and change management, as they apply to the city’s public safety system infrastructure. The incumbent is also responsible for making independent decisions within the context of representative duties and primary job focus and scope. Working at the direction of the Assistant Director of Public Safety Information Technology (PSIT) and/or Director of Emergency Communications Department (ECD) and 911 all supervisory positions are responsible for overseeing a team of one or more information technology professionals. Supervisors use judgment in identifying issues, analyzing proposed solutions, and developing recommendations which support management decisions, the City’s mission, and the best interest of end users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures best practices and security requirements are employed for the configuration of all technology and services under their supervision.
- Responsible for performing and overseeing server administration, network administration, server operations, core systems support, virtualization, storage, data center, and application support services.
- Work with System Administrators to determine end users’ needs, identify and resolve system issues.
- Ensuring vendor contracts include appropriate SLAs, statements of work, and have adequate language to protect the interests of the Police, Fire, and Emergency Communications Departments.
- Responsible for upgrades and installing patches for all network and server devices.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving system problems.
- Participate in the planning, coordinating and setup for special events, command posts and significant emergencies within the City and with other regional cities and towns.
- Assist in management of various IT projects, grant projects, from proposal to implementation.
- Primary supervisory responsibilities include direct report motivation, coaching, creation of individual development plans, and accountability for the ongoing success of projects and the service lifecycle.
- Understand and adhere to City and PSIT standards, policies and procedures, as well as training best practices.
- Ensure successful project planning, execution and completion including handing off administration of some technology to employees outside of PSIT.
- Additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and experience working with various technologies including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Office suite
- Virtualization technologies
- Email and collaboration systems
- Intel Server setup and support
- Security systems and services
- Contract negotiation and vendor management
- Familiar with current technology and industry trends
- Network infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, and gateways
- Ability to select and apply industry standard best practices.
- Knowledge of PC and Server hardware support, software applications design, and networks.
- At least five years of experience performing system administration duties in a mid to large organization.
- Security certificates highly desirable: ISC2 CISSP, ISACA CISM and EC-Council CEH.
- ITIL and ITSM certifications highly desirable.
- Technical certifications highly desirable: Microsoft: MCSE Server Infrastructure, Messaging, MCSA: Windows Server; Juniper Networks: ENT Associate, Specialist, Professional, Cisco: CCENT, CCNA Routing and Switching; VMware: vSphere; Palo Alto: ACE.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training required, Master’s in Computer Science preferred.
- Excellent Communication and Organizational Skills
- Self-Motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision.