Charles Schwab's Threat & Vulnerability Assessment organization (TVA) is seeking a Sr. Staff - Threat Management Assessment Analyst . You will be responsible for threat research, analysis, and correlation that will efficiently drive and track remediation efforts within set risk limits. Additionally you will contribute to collaborative incident response, continuous process improvement and drive automation. You will build strong partnerships with technical support teams and provide them with strategy and prioritization to manage vulnerabilities within acceptable risk limits. What you are good at
What you have
- Perform as vulnerability management SME in one or more of the following areas: Cloud (off-prem and internal environments), Distributed Server, Network, Database, Mainframe, and Workstation
- Compile cyber threat data gathered through independent research and analysis along with TVA sources and look at emerging technology, techniques and adversarial capabilities and tactics
- Assess impact of security events based on knowledge and tools available and then provide security focused recommendations based off of intelligence findings
- Clearly document/communicate processes and findings to both technical and executive audiences
- Identify gaps and bottlenecks in remediation processes, develop metrics around and provide process improvement recommendations.
- Support security reviews/vulnerability risk assessments of network environments
- Establish close relationships with business stakeholders outside of the security and compliance disciplines, working closely with the business, physical security, fraud, legal, audit and senior leadership
- In-depth expertise in network monitoring/configuration/management solutions, network architecture, network security, network traffic and payload analysis
- Assist in supporting, mentoring, and development of other analysts
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be a strong communicator both written and oral. Ability to work well in team environment
- Develop and improve KPIs, metrics, and trending for vulnerability management functions.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in Information Technology
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in Information Security
- Strong research background and an analytical approach
- Analytical security certification or demonstrable equivalent experience required
- Strong vulnerability scanner background and experience such as Qualys or Nessus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Workplace Flexibility Program : We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference *
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees. Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.